1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS 19

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by besbesbes, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Beedub

Beedub Senior Member

This.

Do we know if they’ll be available outside of Japan?

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior Member

Need a proxy in NY for the SS19 EG x Barbour if this is photo is to be believed! 50% discount is unbelievable.

Highland Parka is from FW19 EG x Barbour drop. Yes, they are actually dropping a third wave. Second jacket from the right (Navy version shown).

3. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

Polo collab seems pointless. Would anyone actually buy those exact polos without the EG name attached to it?

4. Mrbutchsanders

Mrbutchsanders Senior Member

Super late response but I just got mine in last night. I would say they’re TTS. For reference though I did size down one on the fatigue and patchwork pants

5. Dino19

Dino19 Senior Member

I guess it's probably ok if you size down. I did not personally. I find the draw string more useful & helpful than the side tabs on other season's model. I like the fit without sizing down.

6. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

7. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior Member

Did they quietly drop the FWK moniker from the women line?

8. shopcanoeclub

@badeggcat if I understand correctly, yes. It's just all going to be/is Engineered Garments.

9. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior Member

FWK (or Fenwick) no longer noted on tags sadly - came into effect as of SS19. The womens line tag is now white “engineered garments” embroidered text on white background. Same rectangle as the mainline (mens).

I will try get some photos up for comparison. My partner has been picking up a few pieces every season since 2016 or so.

10. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior Member

I was recently chatting with @grayfox and he pointed out they are actually moving towards unisex sizing. It should be interesting given how loose fitting the SS collection is.

Screenshot_20190516-083323_Instagram.jpg

11. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior Member

Now we just need to spot XXS in the wild.

12. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior Member

There's actually been a current season XXS floral floating around on "That other marketplace site that shall not be named" for the past month or so. I'm predicting we won't see many changes at menswear only stores, but some stores that carry both lines like Jack Straw, Blue Button Shop, Mohawk General Store etc. will probably start carrying XS and XXS. This will be good for us short skinny folks who had a hard time finding XS when the lines were separate :)

13. falgfalg

falgfalg Senior Member

so uh, when am i gonna see these SS19 sales?

14. shopcanoeclub

@falgfalg & EG gang

Funny you asked, I was chatting with the team today about sale timeline.

Our spring sale is likely to start in June, but I've gotten the OK to offer 30% off early to the Engineered Garments community. EG is a staple brand for us and is obviously ultra-relevant on SF so this way y'all can have the final look at sizes before the season wraps up. Because this is early access we don't have a specific code to use purchasing through the site so reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I'll get you squared away.

15. blue peter

blue peter Senior Member

heading to Seattle next weekend - In addition to Jack Straw, any others stock EG??

happy almost-summer!