1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Engineered Garments SS 18

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 31, 2018.

1. cookinbap

cookinbap Well-Known Member

Do you guys know if they will release any pants or shorts in the pima poplin material (very thin cotton) this year???

2. zunker

zunker Senior Member

Time for my seasonal whinge about EG prices in Europe. £304 for a 19th century shirt? How many mother of pearl buttons can one shirt have?
    https://www.kafka.co.uk/item/32470/...-Vertical-Regent-Stripe---GreyYellowBlue.html

Still, got myself some Andover pants coming - my first go on Andover pants so excited about that and hope they match the high count twill Baker from the summer for that full EG summer suit look.

3. tauburn

tauburn Member

This season they have various shorts and pants in High Count Broadcloth and Malibu Poplin which will be close to what you're looking for probably.

4. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Senior Member

5. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

Does anyone know if the cord fatigue shorts will be returning this season?

6. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Distinguished Member

I believe I saw them in one of the lookbooks.

7. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

Awesome. Slept on those a little too long last season—they sold out quick.

8. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior Member

I picked up the matching Andover Jacket and Pant from this season, in navy tropical wool cordura. This is an interesting fabric, a blend of wool and polymide. Still feels lightweight and breathable, but feels only slightly rigid to the hand due to the presence of synthetic fibres.

For those of you who want a boxier/wider fit with the Andover Jacket, then definitely pick up this season. The design has been altered from previous seasons, whereby the front jacket darts are no longer present. I cannot recall if this was the case for SS17?

The jacket silhouette is no longer as tailored (and fitted) around the chest. Personally, I like the old design, because of my lean frame/torso.

Shoulder contruction is also different, the stitching detail that warpped around the top of the shoulder, is now a single joined line. The earlier design draped far better imho and provided a really obscure but nice additional detail.

Surgical sleeve cufss. Still fully functional as per last couple of years, but now four buttons present, rather than three.

See below for some photo comparisons, but I'm obviously lamenting at the decision by EG to change it up. Defeats the point of the tailored look of the jacket. The Baker with the patch pockets and boxier fit serves a purpose in the line up, as a semi casual tailored jacket.

Andover Jacket - Worsted Wool Flannel - FW14
    [​IMG]

Shoulder detail visible here:
    [​IMG]

Close up of front jacket darts:
    [​IMG]

Andover Jacket - Tropical Wool Cordura - SS18
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

The old style looks so good on you. SS18 isn’t bad by any stretch, but you are right.

10. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

god do i love FW...
    thanks for the share
    and now the hunt begins for previous season andover + cinch pants...

11. zunker

zunker Senior Member

Great post. I’m the opposite. Have had to wear Bakers if I want an Eg suit last couple of years as Andover’s are just too trim all over, but especially the cinched waist (and I’m not overweight!). But love Andovers from five years ago. Going to try an Andover again this season on the back of what you say. Otherwise back to those patch pockets.

12. Alexey Beseda

Alexey Beseda Well-Known Member

Had experience with both Baker and Andover from last FW season and it is quite the opposite for me!
    Baker in my normal size L was beyond wearable as way too slim and snug allover, had to switch to XL which again fits pretty slim.
    Andover on the other hand was purchased +1 size from my normal L as TBB suggests and it was hanging on me real ugly. Switching to L solved the issue well. Now size L Andover is fitting more roomy than my XL Baker.
    EG sizing is real quest to me...

13. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior Member

Anyone seen this bedford in XL? Only saw it on the Nepenthes Osaka instagram

ADDF6A27-D0DA-453D-ACF7-4A1176A6E593.png

14. Numbahzz

Numbahzz Active Member

What kind of Benson jacket do you have? I happen to have an olive moleskin one in xs that fits me well but I happen to be a normal medium. Do you happen to have a wool version? That would be cool.

15. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior Member

Yes, it’s a lightweight big plaid wool version (fabric by Woolrich).