Engineered Garments SS 17

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CSCoHammers7, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Heads up - EG x DM @ 180GBP online end of the week @ TBB.

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

@tobiasfunke

19 Century BD is true to size this season! I went with my usual sizing (small).

Cross Neck Tee runs small this season. So size up from your usual size. I went from medium (same size for past 3 years) to size large (for the first time ever).

3. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Which fabric did you get your 19th C in? The measurements and model photos of the plaid ones seem like they run large.

For example, the TBB model is 6' tall with a 40" chest and this is what a medium looks like on him:

[​IMG]

I'm a little smaller than him at 5'10, 155lbs with a 38" chest and I go with a medium in all shirting and outerwear, with the occasional exception (e.g. a certain fabric of the same style shirt may run a size large). Also, everything from FW15 fit big, so I sized down to a small for that season.

Looking at this picture, I feel like this medium will be huge on me.

BTW, I'm also a medium in the Cross Neck Tee (SS15 and SS16). What aspect of the fit made you size up to a large?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I am 6' tall and lean (72kg) with a 38" chest. My torso is quite long as well as my arms. I prefer a slim Cross Neck Tee fit far too tight across the chest and too short length wise. It basically fit like a size Small from previous years. EG definitely sized them completely differently from previous seasons. Trust me on this. I swapped out for a large and it literally fits exactly the same as a size Medium from SS15 (they didn't release the tee shirt for FW16). As for the 19 Century BD, I have the blue oxford stripe version. The fabric is thick (in line with oxford cloth fabric) and fits me perfect in small. The end of the sleeve sits perfectly on my wrists (no sleeve stacking like the photo shown). I have not tried on any other fabrics this season in, although my local store (Big Trouble Store) stocks the Pink/Olive cotton plaid piece this season. Will try it on next time I visit the store and report back! As for the model from The Bureau Belfast, I think he could size down to a Small but the fit would be too snug/tight on him. How you size depends on your preference to be honest, and how you prefer your shirts to fit. If you were comfortable with a small last year, then stick with that. I wouldn't change your sizing from previous years. Personally I did not notice any changes in sizing between SS16, FW16 and SS17 in the 19 Century BD. I buy this shirt every season and the last time I bought a size medium was from SS12 (chambray polka dot piece). I am a small in the Rounded Collar and Work Shirt for a leaner fit, but size up to a medium in short sleeves such as Popover BD, Knit Polo and Camp Shirt. To add further perspective/confusion to sizing issues this season, I sized up on the Aviator Jacket in flight sateen to Large. The medium version was too short in the sleeves. There was almost 2" gap between wrist and sleeve cuff on the piece. This is the first time I have ever sized up with EG for jackets. I have always been a size medium (except SS16 Type 51 Parka where I sized down to a small). Hope the extra information helps!

5. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Well-Known Member

This is me in a size Small 19th Century BD from the current season.
    This is my normal size. I can't fit XS due to the shoulders being too tight and the sleeves too short.
    The 19th BD always fits a little long, but I've grown used to, and if you tuck it in, then you won't notice it.
    Like El QUaG says I would go true to size.

[​IMG]

6. sneakypete

sneakypete Active Member

Any thoughts on the sizing of the SS 17 Loiter jacket vs SS 16?

I own a Large SS 16 Loiter and it is huge. I wear a size L in the Bedford jacket and it fits great. I am 5' 9", 175 lbs. with a 42" chest.

Thinking about sizing down and getting a M Loiter this time.

Thanks in advance.

:slayer:

7. tobiasfunke

I just received my Loiter in Navy Diamond Jacquard size medium today and it fits the same as last season. I'm 5'10, 155lbs with a 38" chest. I could fit into a small, but IMO, the Loiter looks best with a relaxed fit.

With a 42" chest, I feel like a large would be your best bet, but the sleeves and body may be a little long.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  8. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Here's a fit pic on the tshirts this season. Model is 5'7" and 145lbs and wearing a size small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tobiasfunke

Has anyone tried sizing up on the Cinch Pant yet, or see if the Willy Post Pant is a little less tapered from the knee down?

10. zunker

zunker Active Member

I tried sizing up but the waist and seat would have needed major surgery. In the end my tailor let out the calves by about a centimetre and I went true to size. You can see very faint stitch holes on my cotton twill version if you examine closely - not an issue for me - and nothing at all on tropical wool. Got to say even with the extra centimetre they are only just about wide enough.

11. tobiasfunke

Even fully cinched?

12. zunker

zunker Active Member

You know what, I've never used the cinch ever! This may sound like blasphemy but I even removed it on the tropical wool version. Kept it on the twill as its more casual for me but purely decorative.

13. avantbored

avantbored Member

Received the Willy Post dk. navy twill in 28 today. Way too tight on the calves for me, but perfect in the waist. Anybody have the cinch pant in dk. navy twill? I have an older FW version in wool serge that fits nice; wondering how it compares or I should get the 30 and cinch.

14. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

How was the waist compared to past seasons?