1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. blue peter

blue peter Senior Member

at least when it comes to tropical wool, I'd say it matters a lot - in a climate like the one here in DC, the fabric of one's suit is made of makes a huge difference...just one example - i guess i'm not just hanging out in coffee shops for 8 hours a day ;-) sounds nice, though!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

2. alex99

alex99 Senior Member

People define quality in different ways, so it is hard to have a meaningful discussion without specifics. I find the shirts last me a really long time. I wore my SS/09 19th BDs to death before I donated them. Same with my MAC Jacket from FW/08, which I sold on ebay years later for close to the price I bought it for. That is incredible for a piece of clothing. So for longevity and value, I think the quality is great.

That said, I don't like EG for certain things, like rain wear or really harsh weather. When it's nasty out, I grab an Arcteryx Veilance Jacket.

3. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Senior Member

@Drinkwaters
    @CSCoHammers7

Any pants and shorts in Cavalry Twill?

Thanks!

4. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare Senior Member

On this subject, aside from the Light Parka. What other EG pieces are good as a wind breaker / light weigh rain jacket ?

5. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

i know this was posted earlier in the thread, but I cannot get over the fabric on this tie.

[​IMG]

6. modual

modual Senior Member

Ground jacket is very good for this purpose.

7. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Is there a marked difference between EG's olive field jacket and say an M-65 style jacket from Real Mccoy's?

8. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior Member

Yes......RMC is repo to a T. EG is, well Fashion...Not a bad thing, own both.

9. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Yes, real mccoys will be as close to an "authentic" M65 without being an actual vintage piece. EG's field jackets are Daiki's interpretation of a field jacket.and less true to historical precedents. I have the waxed field jacket from FW14 and I lost count of the number of pockets it has. It is not a traditional field jacket. Both are great. It is just a matter of what you are looking for.

10. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior Member

Hey all, today we (Drinkwater's) received:

S6D1871 / Chester Coat in Grey PC Glen Plaid XS > XL $540
    [​IMG]

(617) 547-2067

Thanks!

11. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

Just received them both. They definitely run a little small. I kept the medium, which matches Oi Polloi's measurements with a 19.5" P2P.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

12. kingguru

kingguru Active Member

Anything on Combi Suits colors/fabrics this season yet?

13. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior Member

What does everyone think of the M-41? Really liking the olive in particular.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. nickp

nickp Well-Known Member

I have the M41 from FW14 and the SS16 one looks similar - one of my favorite jackets. I think it's perfectly in between bomber jacket and blazer/workwear jacket, so it looks great dressed up or down as shown above. Adjustable back and cuffs so you can either wear it pretty slim or layer a light jacket under it.
    The white one looks cool, but I'm still not sold on layering darker pieces under lighter ones. While I know lookbooks aren't gospel and for demonstration purposes only ... they seem to agree, basing off the fact that the pure white outerwear only shows up over white tops.

15. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Any Dayton long shirts released recently? I'd like to pick one up but kinda hard to find in Small. Would be super duper if I could find the pheasant print one from a couple season ago.