1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

hmm ok. if i don't hear anything through today i'll give them a ring tomorrow.

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Watch sold out before 12:30 today.

3. sneakypete

sneakypete Active Member

The loiter is giant!

I am 5' 9" and wear a 42R sportcoat. I usually buy size L.

The L loiter jacket needed have the sleeves shortened professionally. Easily a couple of inches.

The shoulders are drop-style on me.

The chest seems to be about 2 sizes too big on me and the bottom edge of the back gaps out.

But, other than the overall "loose and flowy-ness" of it, I love the jacket. Will try-on/size down next time.

The nice thing about it is that it will work great in situations where a jacket is required, but it is too warm to wear a thicker, more constructed and lined style. And you can literally fold it up and carry it in your pocket. Hold it up to the light and it is see-thru!

Try it on first or make sure that you can exchange it by mail no problem.

I am buying an Bedford next in olive ripstop. I will report back on the fit and sizing. I will also post photos comparing the two jackets when I get a chance.

2 people like this.
  4. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

On the Ripstop Bedford, I found the sleeves to be a bit long. This is compared to the moleskin from fw15. I have to roll the sleeves up one roll. I may get it altered. The body size is similar to the moleskin.

The Ripstop feels more like a lighter over shirt vs a blazer which will be really nice once the warmer weather hits.

1 person likes this.
  5. eddiec

eddiec Well-Known Member

I know this is going back to SS15, but is the linen shop coat to be found anywhere now?

6. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

What size, color? I own a few.

1 person likes this.
  7. eddiec

eddiec Well-Known Member

Was hoping to pick up the coat in beige/medium, but open to listen to what you have!

8. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Sorry. Don't have medium.

1 person likes this.
  9. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Anyone have the Engineered Jacket? I'm looking at the one in Olive Ripstop and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it.

10. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

F! was hoping to wait out the Navy Tropical Wool Andover until sale season and now TBB is sold out in L - suppose it serves me right for being a cheapskate...anyone seen this jacket elsewhere online?

Much obliged!

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Gone one in a size L? Preferably natural/ecru?

13. notdesigned

notdesigned Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

Muchas gracias, MOK - last night, in a panic that it was going to sell out everywhere :) I phoned up Jack Straw in Seattle and ordered one from them. Kind of miffed, though, as it seems the JS is a tad more spendy than ordering from TBB or Kafka (international!) would have been...

15. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

keeping w/ the tropical wool theme: now that i've finally assembled the "tropical wool suit" I'm a bit worried that the lightness of the fabric could be dangerous.

particularly concerned after my poor experience with a pair of cashmere/wool blend cinch pants (ripped in the crotch after a few wears, and ripped again right after a repair by NNY - I sadly tossed them in the bin a few weeks ago).

point is: the TW cinch pants are SUPER thin and I'm worried about ripping them too (note, they fit reasonably "loose" not at all tight on me, but not baggy, either)...can anyone with experience tell me how their pair has lasted, how you care for them? has anyone had a liner sewn in the crotch to take some of the wear?

many thanks, all!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  16. eddiec

eddiec Well-Known Member

17. leeba

leeba Senior member

9.5 in normal vans slip ons (suede) = 8.5 or 9 in the ss16 eg x vans?

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

19. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

What's the sizing like on the Cambridge short? If I'm a small in this season's Ghurkas, am I a 30 or 32 in the Cambridge?

20. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Hey guys :)

Anyone own the SS15 olive ripstop bedford and the SS16 olive ripstop bedford and can speak to their differences? I did some reading and the only difference seems to be the removable buttons on the SS15 version.

Second question: If I can get the SS15 version for a little cheaper than the SS16 version from grailed, is it worth going for? Or should I just buy the newer one?

Thanks!!