1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS 16

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Photo angle makes it hard to judge length, but it looks okay. They're designed to be fairly short - if it reaches your belt it should be fine.

2 people like this.
  2. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

These measurements are accurate for M - the sleeve fits short - -

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/5526/olive-high-count-broadcloth-bdu-jacket

3. Epsund

Epsund Active Member

Has anyone picked up a dolphin print parka (or aviator, etc)? I've got one coming in next week & I'm pretty happy about it.

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

I got the dolphin print aviator and love it. Perfect spring/cool summer night jacket.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    4 people like this.
  5. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I just cant get enough of the navy cotton Loiter jacket. Paired with chinos and an OCBD it's real smart. Very different than the Bedford and so lightweight. Will be great as the weather warms up.

1 person likes this.
  6. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

How so and compared with the ripstop Bedford?

7. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I don't have a RS Bedford to compare but I have this year's high count twill Bedford, older wool serge Bedford and a khaki cotton Bedford from 2012 or 13. The biggest difference is that the Loiter is a single layer of very lightweight/thin fabric throughout. The only places it doubles are the button placket and around the lower patch pockets. While the Bedford is also a single layer, it's probably twice the weight/thickness of the Loiter's fabric. There are also some design details on the loiter that I like: Functioning buttons on cuff: [​IMG] Throat latch buttons (?): [​IMG] [​IMG] My only wish is for an inside pocket or two: [​IMG] Hope that helps.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Epsund

Epsund Active Member

That ss smock is indeed rad, so I would def be interested in knowing this too. I got so much wear this winter out of the fw version - an underrated piece!

1 person likes this.
  10. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I ended up picking up the fw15 smock at the end of the season on discount. I went TTS on the retailer's advice, which was probably a mistake since the thing runs huge.

How do you wear yours? I have not been able to figure out how to coordinate it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  11. Epsund

Epsund Active Member

I typically wore something like a thick 10 oz. sweatshirt (McCoy/Loopwheeler) underneath and embraced the bagginess, while offsetting it with some slim-fitting trousers/cargos.

The smock always seemed to garner positive attention. I would still like to find the brown variation, which I think would be even more versatile.

1 person likes this.
  12. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I have the navy wool smock. Do you wear yours TTS or did you size down one?

13. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

I sized down from L to M for the f/w 15 version and the fit is spot on, imo. would love to get my hands on the summer version...where are our japanese residents?!

14. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

That is what I wish I had done. Size one down. Next time I won't take the advice of the retailer. Going just on measurements of a loose fitting piece can be tough though.

15. notdesigned

notdesigned Senior member

Looks good as is. Love that shade of green this season.

16. sneakypete

sneakypete Active Member

Loving mine too!

Question:

I bought size Large, and it seems oversized compared to Baker or Bedford sizing?

I am 5' 9" and 175 lbs. My jacket size normally 42R, but sleeves always need to be shortened.

The loiter seems oversized in the shoulders, almost like a drop-shoulder fit. I also think that the chest on the Large is 46".

Is it supposed to be a loose and flowing jacket vs. more fitted?

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  17. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I'm an XL in all my Bedfords and probably could have gone L in the Loiter. However, I don't see it as a real fitted jacket and still looks good with a loose fit. My sleeves are a bit long but I roll them once. On the Bedford, I get the sleeves shortened.

1 person likes this.
  18. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

Sorry if wrong section but wanted to pass on the deal. Saw this lightweight fair isle today. Brooklyn bros will recognize the shop tag. I left it but i anyone wants inbox me for the addy

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Epsund

Epsund Active Member

I went TTS, but I do tend to dig larger, flowing fits.

20. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Ha thanks. TTS is very much flowing on me.