• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

Cole87

Reaction score
I find the Bureau's to fit ...chest generally okay, but actual measurements are frequently off.
Well, I hope they're off on their BDU pant measurements because the 36 olive canvas pair fit perfect and so I ordered the same size in beige broadcloth from Notre a few days ago. Now TBB's measurements are up and it looks like they'll be way too big in the same size if their measurements are accurate. I made the statement I did before because I had ordered the olive canvas pair from TBB and their measurements seemed pretty accurate on that pair.

mbaum

Reaction score
I am of the dissenting opinion: Judge Mike thinks that TBB are the most accurate measurements out there. Not always spot on but usually reliable in the measurements that count the most such as P2P, length, waist and thighs ...

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
I have a feeling they measured it for one fabric and listed those same measurements for all fabrics.

fuzzyduck

Reaction score
I have a feeling they did
Nepenthes just emailed and said the loiter is 22" pit to pit medium and 21 in small which is way off TBB
Seems like the loiter is a more casual slouch fit so may opt to stick to my usual size
Will be good to see some fit pics as and when anyone snags one

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be any Vans slip-ons or quick-release belts this season?

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score

No van's slip ons unless they are Nepenthes exclusive.
Pretty sure there are quick release belts though.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I have a feeling they measured it for one fabric and listed those same measurements for all fabrics.

I notice a lot of stores do that for items that come out each season.
Obviously the changing fabric will alter measurements so its always good to check a few sites to get a better idea.
And of course Style forum members are always a good resource to ask as well ! :)

happyvillian

Reaction score
Willy post pants or Cinch pants? Can't decide between the two...

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far my wish list is larger than I expected...
-Loiter Jacket (Geo Jacquard)
-Aviator Jacket (Olive Washer Twill or Navy; not sure)
-Bedford Jacket (Homespun)
-Banded Collar Shirt (Chambray)
-Fatigue Pants (Olive Cotton Ripstop)
-Fatigue Pants (Homespun)
-Fatigue Pants (Dk Navy 20's Cotton Twill)
-Work Shirt (Dungaree Cloth)
-Work Shirt (Chambray)
-Rounded Collar Shirt (100's Broadcloth)
-Quick Release Belt

Possibly a shop coat, bandanna scarf, Fatigue shorts, and some shirt sleeve shirts,

Sieglinde

Reaction score
Willy post pants or Cinch pants? Can't decide between the two...

To pleat or not to pleat.

teacha.gif

happyvillian

Reaction score
To pleat or not to pleat.

teacha.gif
Good point! I guess i'm digging both, but if I were to just invest in one pants from SS16 to wear around during the summer months... i'm trying to decide between the Navy iridescent cinch pants vs. the Navy high twill willy post pants. #FirstWorldProblems

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Willy Post pants can fit a little funky. Not saying that it's a deal breaker. It's part of the appeal for some. But the really full top block can be challenging for some fits.

mbaum

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the Willy Post but you have to be aware of the rather idiosyncratic cut: high rise, double pleads, drop crotch, cinch in back, strong taper with very loose thighs, slightly cropped.

What it can do to some physiques is to cause diaper butt due to the amount of fabric in top block. If you are on the skinny side with notably absent gluteal muscles, this might not be the pant for you. If it fits, it fits beautifully. And it can be easily worn dressed up with a jacket or dressed down, given that drop crotch/ taper combo gives it a very casual look.

Cinch is a more traditional: It is EG's slimmest pant and ~1 - 1.5 inch narrower in thigh. Less aggressive taper, no drop crotch, flat front. To me, it is the most "formal" EG pant and perfect with a jacket.

Pics above really don't do much justice to the difference of the pants ...

Last edited:

happyvillian

Reaction score
The Willy Post pants can fit a little funky. Not saying that it's a deal breaker. It's part of the appeal for some. But the really full top block can be challenging for some fits.

I am a huge fan of the Willy Post but you have to be aware of the rather idiosyncratic cut: high rise, double pleads, drop crotch, cinch in back, strong taper with very loose thighs, slightly cropped.

What it can do to some physiques is to cause diaper butt due to the amount of fabric in top block. If you are on the skinny side with notably absent gluteal muscles, this might not be the pant for you. If it fits, it fits beautifully. And it can be easily worn dressed up with a jacket or dressed down, given that drop crotch/ taper combo gives it a very casual look.

Cinch is a more traditional: It is EG's slimmest pant and ~1 - 1.5 inch narrower in thigh. Less aggressive taper, no drop crotch, flat front. To me, it is the most "formal" EG pant and perfect with a jacket.

Pics above really don't do much justice to the difference of the pants ...

Thanks for the response guys, made my decision easier! Given my height, and lack of glutes, probably going with the cinch. Will definitely have to try the Willy if I ever see it in person one day!

notdesigned

Reaction score
A nugget for all the Southerners out there (like me)...

I've heard from a few reliable sources in Atlanta that H. Stockton is looking to carry EG, perhaps as soon as F/W '16. They want to move more towards a balance between classic menswear and modern interpretations (like EG).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads