• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

Xman11815

Reaction score
Do you guys think EG attire and other *** designers like niche, nonnative, etc... is tough to pull off? I'm certainly not going to go decked out in it fully like "nickp", but would like to try out some of their pants and jackets. I'm a 24 year old white boy living in AZ, not sure if it would look out of place or not.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tbh besides daiki's heritage there isn't really anything "japanese" about EG

notdesigned

Reaction score
Do you guys think EG attire and other *** designers like niche, nonnative, etc... is tough to pull off? I'm certainly not going to go decked out in it fully like "nickp", but would like to try out some of their pants and jackets. I'm a 24 year old white boy living in AZ, not sure if it would look out of place or not.

I lean much more toward the classic menswear side and I also love EG, so what I buy from them tends to lean in that direction. Most of my EG is mixed w/ American Trad brands/items (Sid Mashburn/Brooks Brothers/J. Press) and I personally don't find it problematic or "off" by any stretch.

I really appreciate the wild EG pieces but they don't fit with my personal style. I like that EG always has a well-edited offering of both worlds, season after season.

Sieglinde

Reaction score
S/S '15 had the Spread Collar shirt, fwiw. Just curious as that's a shirt I really like.

Yeah, I really like the spread collar shirts over the work shirts or the 19th Century BDs.

SS15 they had a light blue spread collar which I really liked but I didn't pick it up because upon closer inspection it had a herringbone pattern.

Anyways the rounded collar shirts are really nice for this collection, might pick up a couple.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tbh besides daiki's heritage there isn't really anything "japanese" about EG

Agreed.

Visvim and Kapital tend to introduce Japanese style into some of their pieces, but a lot of the Japanese designers are pretty faithful to Americana.

Much of EG is very safe -if you're not comfortable with the wilder patterns, plain fatigues and a solid jacket isn't going to stand out from the crowd.

notdesigned

Reaction score
I bought that Spread Collar in Lt. Blue and White and have worn them often. I also bought the Navy Graph Check one in F/W '15.

I love the idea of the Round Collar shirts but, as of yet, haven't tried one. The White Heavy Oxford one has piqued my interest this season, though.

Xman11815

Reaction score
I lean much more toward the classic menswear side and I also love EG, so what I buy from them tends to lean in that direction. Most of my EG is mixed w/ American Trad brands/items (Sid Mashburn/Brooks Brothers/J. Press) and I personally don't find it problematic or "off" by any stretch.

I really appreciate the wild EG pieces but they don't fit with my personal style. I like that EG always has a well-edited offering of both worlds, season after season.
Cool, thanks. Just picked this up as my first EG piece.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
We'll be getting our first batch from EG fairly soon. I'll be doing what I can to get it visible for you guys as soon as we receive it.

heres what to expect:

-work shirt nvy/ora plaid
-work shirt blu/red plaid
-work shirt blue chambray
-shop coat olive twill
-shop coat dknavy twill
-fatigue pant olive ripstop
-fatigue pant dk navy twill

classics! more later in the year of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads