1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments SS /10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Dec 4, 2009.

1. wiru

wiru Senior member

Could someone comment on the sizing of the 19th c. button down? I normally wear a size Medium in button-downs (40" chest, 15.5, etc.), but based on the measurements posted on Context, I would take an XS. Is this possible? Are they really cut that big?
    Thanks in advance.

Medium fits a 15.5 neck. The body is pretty full cut, but if you size down to an XS I imagine the shoulders and sleeves would be tiny. Shoulders on the 19th bd are narrow as it is.

2. Casual

Casual Senior member

More NT parka pictures. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What is the color of the one in the first photo? Is it the same as the light blue-looking one that is on top of the last photo?

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Might be wrong but from all the pics I've seen so far the color looks like a light, washed-out, mint green. Looks like the same color on both pics.

4. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

What is the color of the one in the first photo? Is it the same as the light blue-looking one that is on top of the last photo?
    I think they probably are the same color just under different lighting

5. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

I'm trying to have my mom replicate the black polka dot shirt (using a gitman shirt for fit reference) lol [​IMG]

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Engineered Garments bal coat from SS09 on yoox for cheap: http://bit.ly/6YKfj9

And it's gone...

8. HuggyGiraffe

HuggyGiraffe Senior member

And it's gone...

Not too worried about it. I tried it on once and the fit was, well, special to say the least. More like a poncho (standard fit on the shoulders, but like a tent towards the bottom). Another of those mysteries of EG fitting I reckon.

9. 1969

1969 Senior member

10. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    EG X McNairy on ACL. I like the 5 eye Chukka.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2010/...am/#more-13332

This was bound to happen, as McNairy has collaborated with everyone on the Americana scene. It was just a matter of time.

I read about a EG x Gitman project somewhere. Is this on or..?

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

[​IMG]

Note the alternating leathers in the panels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

list is great, going to monitor for sales on the chambrays.

13. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

14. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

i kind of agree i think the mark mcnairy shoes are really bad. do any of you own a pair? the leather quality is horrible. its flimsy and cheap. what makes it the worst for me is i think the shoes look great, so i want to buy them. sadly though, i was let down a few months into my investment.

15. robin

robin Senior member

the leather quality is horrible. its flimsy and cheap.

what makes it the worst for me is i think the shoes look great, so i want to buy them. sadly though, i was let down a few months into my investment.

Thanks for the report. I'd be curious to see pictures of how the leather looks on your worn pair if you happen to have any.

16. chestercopperpot

wait till you see the crumbling red brick sole. it made me so mad! i actually emailed mark mcnairy but havn't heard from him. i jumped through so many hoops trying to get his address. i'll take some photos soon.

17. HuggyGiraffe

Why didn't EG bring their Tricker's collaboration to Europe or the US? I recently picked up a great pair of Tricker's when they had their sale between Christmas and NYE and couldn't be happier with the quality. Tricker's seems to much better fitting to EG than overhyped McNairy.

18. HuggyGiraffe

19. chestercopperpot

no idea, i think trickers are a fantastic shoe too. great leather, good quality, a bit of heft and heaviness to them too. mark mcnairy's are so light i feel like they are ninja shoes.

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Via Kink NT Parka in Coated Nylon [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Knickers in Chambray, Indigo, and Cotton/Linen [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]