• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS /10

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
£190 ?! Today that's US$308....

nice but never in a million years worth £190...another example of us UK guys getting ripped off in difficult times.

Grainer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edd
nice but never in a million years worth £190...another example of us UK guys getting ripped off in difficult times.

Indded, that sems like a lot. However, I have bought from the Bureau many times and they are good honest people. I dont think they are trying to rip any one off, and I dont think they are marking up their clothes any more than any other retailer. They have to cover the costs of shipping the goods overseas, and then pay for the import duties, and so tey probably make less than you think on these. Plus, the price includes 15% VAT, so that money basically is going to cover stuff like Health Care, cheap education, etc. Plus, if you live there you are paid in pounds, so in some ways the cost for someone living there is actually overall less than the $240 for a similar shirt in the US. Didnt mean to take your comment too seriously, but I have heard this before, and I dont think it is fair to the retailer.

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grainer
Indded, that sems like a lot. However, I have bought from the Bureau many times and they are good honest people. I dont think they are trying to rip any one off, and I dont think they are marking up their clothes any more than any other retailer. They have to cover the costs of shipping the goods overseas, and then pay for the import duties, and so tey probably make less than you think on these. Plus, the price includes 15% VAT, so that money basically is going to cover stuff like Health Care, cheap education, etc. Plus, if you live there you are paid in pounds, so in some ways the cost for someone living there is actually overall less than the $240 for a similar shirt in the US. Didnt mean to take your comment too seriously, but I have heard this before, and I dont think it is fair to the retailer.

have bought from the Bureau & like you say they are good honest people. Don't tend to agree with your maths though!! if a UK retailer picks their EG peices wisely it flys off the shelves at full RRP's & is a money spinner as there is a big markup. Its the customer who is dealt the worst blow because we have to pay 17.5% on anything we buy...everything is passed onto the customer believe me. Luckilly the bureau has a website because you won't be getting many local guys walking into the store & forking out £190 for a shirt. not having a go at the bureau, just saying the customer gets a raw deal in the UK & this is why we try to source outside the uk if we can find favourable prices & have a good exchange rate.
As an example Reigning champ thermal hoodies cost £160 on the bureau....wheras in canada they are $160 canadian dollars!!! massive difference in price.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irving Jacket and Pants

2ddaa748.jpg
9f148ebb.jpg

6b70c8fe.jpg

a9019ca5.jpg

2586c21b.jpg

ccb3e149.jpg

c0237d36.jpg

edd52422.jpg

f92beff8.jpg
8ad8f67f.jpg

0d778750.jpg
9cf1e8f7.jpg

cf8cb0ed.jpg
066b1164.jpg

716a8c67.jpg

3cfb753f.jpg

bacd4052.jpg

cc4e10e3.jpg

Bow Ties

87931b85.jpg
c2c5c18c.jpg

61086541.jpg
c4be7c20.jpg

b7e941f6.jpg
0bd3ee72.jpg

himself

Reaction score
wow, gary, those are beautiful... great choices.

btw, are you going to be stocking the orange line selvage workaday jeans the bureau has for sale?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you and no, we will not be carrying those pants.

Originally Posted by himself
wow, gary, those are beautiful... great choices.

btw, are you going to be stocking the orange line selvage workaday jeans the bureau has for sale?

JackFrost09

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grainer
I just put the photos side by side and I am almost positive that the shirt you want is the madras that Bureau is selling, so you're in luck. http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...tury-bd-shirt/
Cheers mate. Price is a no-no though. Bit confused by this one. Seen people are saying it fits smaller than most EG, but to based on the measurements I'm going to need to go way up to an XL across the shoulders and that'll give me the unfortunate EG length: http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...id-work-shirt/ Does anyone have anymore fit pics? Cheers.

telemark

Reaction score
Irving jacket + pants are fantastic. Consider those put on the list of s/s purchases. Anyone know whos gonna be carrying these?

Ant

Reaction score
Are the shoes by EG? Or are they those W&H ones?

a9019ca5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads