1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Thanks mate. I went with size medium (my size for all Bedfords past and present), so hopefully will work out. Surprisingly, the Expedition Jacket now available for half price at a few stores online.

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

3. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

i'm not sure what to do with those super wide casual trousers.. looks like something grandmothers would wear to the market.

much prefer the shorts or the slimmer profile trousers.

i love the prints though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

After stepping away from EG for the past few years, I have to say that FW13 and even more so this current SS14 season drew me back again. So many great pieces. If I was a balla' my whole closet would be filled with the entire collection. Much to the dismay of my wallet, I have picked up a good amount of pieces during the sales and mark-downs and still have a bunch more I have an eye on. The wave jacquard print and fabric has to be amongst my favorite though. I have the knit jacket and porter shorts and love them. I am thinking about the jacquard knit hoody vest and even the beanie too haha. I'm crazy right?

Anyone own the corduroy long beach shorts? They look great.

My sentiments exactly. I love how Daiki is always changing things up and yes, always enjoy the crazy SS EG prints.

1 person likes this.
  5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ have you tried the tiki bedford? fabric felt similar to the wave jacq, might be worth to check out

6. ferrari909

ferrari909 Well-Known Member

I have the Tiki Bedford, it was a bit of an impulse buy at Nepenthes and it is now one of my favorite EG pieces. It fits a bit large though, the Tiki Bedford is a small and I wear a small Expedition jacket and Medium Batik Baker

7. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Atwater farmers market, here I come in my granny pants. Watch me next summer … :)

Tiki bedford is great. I think through the flower one in the same navy/ white color palette is even better and still around on sale. TBB did a really nice look book pic with it.

My Long Beach shorts (In the flower fabric) are the most worn EG shorts right now. Length is perfect (Though they are the shortest shorts) and the most comfy.

Still finding it a bit strange to get the a partial SS look book so shortly after AW.

Mike

8. penanceroyaltea

i guess i could wear them rolled up with espadrilles or silppers, a slouchy tank and a straw hat.

but i'm pale as f so that's never gonna work for me..

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I don't wear anything with earth tones, so that eliminates about two-thirds of that collection for me.

This shirt looks interesting:
    [​IMG]

And these shorts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Might look at these blue wrinkly pants as well:
    [​IMG]

11. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Yeah, I picked up that floral one and it is great. Still kind of wish I'd had the balls to go for the turquoisey, blue, green and yellow floral bedford.

I think this is my favourite from SS15. Just love that jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Loving these trousers too.
    [​IMG]

And this vest from what i can see.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I love the harem pants (that's what the article called them although they aren't true harem pants). I think it's funny because lately I've been thinking a lot about how a pair of yohji pants would look good with a Bedford and a round collar shirt. Funny Daiki goes and makes some yohji-esque pants. I don't think I could pull off the silhouette and the prints but the solid gray (or blue?) ones I'm going to have to buy.

Also re:how early complaints - last year's S/S 14 presentation coincided with Capsule NYC. This years presentation is the same (next week). Although the look book didn't get realeased until sometime after, we are really only looking at about a week or two earlier than last year. I'm bummed because about a month ago I seriously considered taking the 22nd and 23rd off of work because of Capsule and I suspected an EG presentation would follow. Mad I didn't commit to it!

13. penanceroyaltea

the prints are great again for sure. hopefully some of the japanese shops will carry more interesting printed jackets/pants.

14. ferrari909

This will be a bit of a long shot but does anyone know where to find a Medium Green/Olive Ripstop Bedford?

15. canstyleace

16. ferrari909

I called a few days ago and Independence only had larges for the green and a few mediums for the navy. Thanks for the help though

17. diniro

diniro Senior member

ss15 looks sick.

18. accordion

accordion Senior member

Selling my size L olive bedford if anyone's interested. Wore it probably 10 or so times during spring, never washed, some temporary creases from rolling up the sleeves.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So I'm looking at the Foulard Print cinch shorts as well as the Ribbon Chauncey Shirt for that island tropic Cubano summer steeze. Does anyone have any of them and have any thoughts to share?

With the shirt, one part of me asks "Am I really contemplating getting a shirt that looks like summery dress material and will likely field similar comments from the peanut gallery and wife"? The other part of me is saying, "hell yes, wear a ribbon shirt and wear it proudly, maybe even open with my staw trilby and beater flaunting that chest hair". :embar:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  20. canstyleace

need pics of chest hair to determine potential for cubano steez (no homo)