1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

It's normal suede, not rough out. I'm gonna grab the white because I need a nice pair of white sneakers but I agree with Shoreman, a little bummed.

2. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

I would be super into a pair of mismatched chukkas

It would make for something a little different than most of the LE Vans releases (too many Old Skools and Eras/Authentics out there already) but still have a nice simple shape that complements the mismatched leathers

1 person likes this.
  3. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

I did the same from The Mens Market sale and put together an Andover tropical wool suit. A large in the Andover (I am always a large in the Bedford) however be very careful with the cinch pant. Last season was my first with EG pants (I tend not to like full fitting wide pants) and the MATT pants were right up my alley. I purchased two pair FW13 Matt's in size 34 - the measuring tape shows the waist to be 36 and they fit absolutely perfect for me (5'10", 165-170 in shape - but not a youngster). This season I took a size M in the ripstop fatigue pant and a tape measure showed the waist to measure size 35.

A size 34 arrived in the tropical wool Cinch pant and they were almost impossible to put on - in this case the waist measured exactly as the pant was marked - 34. I could barely zip them up as by nature they appear to be a very slim pant - perhaps even slimmer than the MATT. I now have a size 36 on its way to me and I anticipate the fit should be fine - I just hope the leg does not get too wide.

I have a size M in the off white Ecru Painter pant on its way to me from NEED Supply - they seem to be the only one who carried it domestically in that color (?). I hope fit will be the same as the Ripstop Fatigue.

Good luck

4. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

do they fit the same as normal vans?

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

The last round fit .5 size big. My checkerboard slip ons are 10 and I def needed 9.5 in the EG vans.

1 person likes this.
  6. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Is it at all possible to wear the Cinch Pants higher up around your waist rather than your hips?

I am a TTS 32" and previous seasons Cinch Pants are exactly as marked (size 32 measures 32") and I find the pants are designed to sit higher. I wear casual pants and jeans lower towards the hips in most instances.

I have a pair of Painter Pants in Chambray in Medium which would if you perfectly as they are too large for me! Let me know if you're interested perhaps? :D

7. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

If anyone is willing to proxy I would love you a lot. Just down in DC, not far to ship, but there's no way I'm making it up there in time. Send me a PM

8. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Yes, I'll be grateful if anyone is willing to proxy. I'm in Asia & totally have no chance to grab a pair.

Any kind soul, please drops me a PM. Thanks.

9. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

No need to proxy to LA - Might be one of the few that don't like them at all. But you guys have a go at them.

Mike

10. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

I'm 30 in all EG pants, FW13 Matt, USN, Fatigue, Cinch. This season it's 30 for me yet again. Only season I had to size up to a size 32 was in last summers shorts which ran very small.

I got the wool cinch pants already and i'm waiting for the Andover to arrive. At 5'9" and 153-163 i'm always a medium in the EG sport coats and most other outerwear. I've got thin legs and kind of an V shaped body. The tropical wool cinch pants fit is great but are a little tight when buttoned. If only the button or button hole were located 0,4-0,8 inch wider or if I would pull myself together and go out running a bit more often they would be 10/10. Other than that the fit is really really good, legs and leg opening are thin and not that wide, pretty much just as I like them. I also don't tend to like too wide legs or too wide leg openings. I would probably fit into size 32 as well but the overall look would not be as good seeing as these are mainly made to be used as a suit and shouldn't look baggy or sloppy.
    I think you should be fine with the 36, probably no need to worry about the legs! They are a little tighter than the FW13 cinch pants.

Sure why not? As long as the waist allows it.. :)

11. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Just thought I would point this out since there are so many requests for proxies on the EG x Vans:

"Please note: customers are limited to one pair per color, all sales final."

From
    http://nepenthesny.tumblr.com/

Wouldn't want anyone getting a nasty surprise on release day and potentially miss out on a pair :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    3 people like this.
  12. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Good thing I want a different color than the ones I'm grabbing you.

1 person likes this.
  13. houkah

houkah Well-Known Member

Was ready to buy a pair of the grey oxford USN pants after seeing your picture with them Shingles. Drinkwaters was sold out in my size, and jack straw was the place Nepenthes suggested i try. After Canstyleace posted about themensmarket sale i found them there for $120 (~$140 shipped). Fantastic pants for the summer. Wanted to say thanks! Wouldn't have known about them for one, and would have paid full price if it wasn't for this board.

1 person likes this.
  14. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ cheers houkah, glad it worked out for you

15. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

If anyone who isn't getting the white pair of Vans and lives in NYC wants to pick them up for me for a little extra $$ PM me.

16. catchh

catchh Senior member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    4 people like this.
  17. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anyody know of the olive avaitor floating around in SMALL on sale?

18. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ just saw it at mohawk but you have to call as the stock is not visible online

19. irbe

irbe Senior member

Lol I just called, only MEDIUM and LARGE

20. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

You live in LA?
    We and Jet could have some kind of awkward Styfo pull-up meet...