1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TimH

TimH Senior member

Good to see the kind folks on SF remember my originals - since the days after working for me, old Martin F has worked his fingers to the bone churning them out for EG :) Now also uses another name 'Hardy and Parsons' for those of you interested.
    I'm not interested in making masses of things I'm afraid - bespoke is my bag now.
    Kind regards to all,
    Tim Hardy
    P.S. Lots more happening again soon - keep your eyes on me!

1 person likes this.
  2. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Accordion, I would not recommend to tailor anything else than perhaps sleeve/ arm length. All EG jackets have a specific fit and are constructed in a way that is not conducive to tailoring in the body IMO.

They "pear flare" is a typical feature on them and likely most pronounced on the Baker. My recommendation, if you don't like it is to perhaps check out the Andover as it is the slimmest fit with less tailing out or - and this might be sacrilege for some here - go TTS and do not size up on jackets. Fycus mentioned it in here before and I learned that lesson this season: All of them seem to fit TTS and all of them have a slightly leaner cut for summer. You might loose the ability to layer for some, but you gain an overall better fit.

Mike

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

I have become a total EG brand victim, but, boy, is stuff nice this season. Truman shorts are spectacular and fit like a glove.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Question for you guys,
    Does anyone know what the extra slanted button hole on the placket of the short coverall jacket is for?

[​IMG]

5. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

It's less about functionality and more about aesthetics. It's a detail you'd find on old workwear (specifically train conductor's jackets) and was used as a place to attach one's pocket watch.

6. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Thanks, I hadn't seen that feature before. Just kopped that jacket, so it will be my first EG piece. Guess I should finally get around to procuring a chain for my pocket watch so I can start using it...

7. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

That chain is called a Fob.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Hey man, no need to be racist.

9. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Stopped by Drinkwaters this week and ended up with a tan/khaki cotton Bedford. It's my 2nd Bedford, the other the navy wool serge. As always, it was a pleasure seeing you Gary. Thanks for the great service as expected.

Patrick

1 person likes this.
  10. Drinkwaters

Not sure I understand what you mean. Racist......NOT!

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Sorry, was meant to be a bad joke.

12. Drinkwaters

I'm sorry to get all sensitive on ya. I should know a bad joke when I see one. All kidding aside, I own a dozen or more Pocket Watches and have some incredible Fobs. I should start a thread "Show us how you rock your Fob" I hope you'll stop in the shop should you find yourself in Cambridge.

3 people like this.
  13. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Very cool, I hadn't heard them referred to as fobs before (although I do refer to some of my friends as fobs [​IMG]). I've heard of the double alberts, but I think I would want to go with one that ends in a clip so I can wear it in the watch pocket of my pants as well. Now I just have to track down one that matches my case reasonably well, preferably vintage like the watch itself.

14. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Hey Folks:

I ordered a Classic Shirt from the Bureau: the fabric is great but their measurements on the web site are off>

I got a M - the web site has the shoulder as 18.5 and it is more like 17.5 - Pit to Pit on the web site says 22 and it's more like 21 - too tight so it's going back.

If you're thinking of getting a classic shirt you may want to size up

take care

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Thannks for the heads up I had my eye on one. I was a medium in last fw classic shirt, seemed to fit like a large

16. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I find most measurements from The Bureau are quite inaccurate and for that reason very unreliable.

2 people like this.
  17. accordion

accordion Senior member

I don't like how for the p2p measurements, some websites measure from side seam to side seam, while others measure over the seams for the true width when the garment is laid down flat. I have to ask a lot of times but even then they still sometimes get it wrong.

18. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Totally agree. Most of the time I figure out what size I'd take based on their measurements/sizing advice then order one size up lol

19. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Do any of you guys know where to get some nice chains? I guess it's matter of trawling through some markets or something. My local RRL shop has some really nice vintage ones but the thinner, more discrete ones that I like aren't for sale. Only the really bulky ones, which isn't really my style at all.

20. Cedric Plumey

Cedric Plumey Member

Selling a brand new with tags Fatigue Pant FW13, size 30.

120€