Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. eluther

eluther Senior member

fit me the same as the workshirts from fw12 – wore a medium in both

2. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Grey Cotton Oxford USN Pants and Drinkwater's own OCBD shirt arrived yesterday. Both fit spot on and runs TTS.
    Tried them on yesterday outdoors, the pants are clearly a summer's fabric - thin, light and movable. We have about 11°C/52°F and it was a little chilly at times - could feel the wind through the pants, but it never got too cold. They also have more stretch to them than what I thought.
    I imagine they will be perfect in the warm summer days as they got this airy feel to them.

The shirt might be my new favorite OCBD. Tagged M it fits similar to a Gitman Vintage in the same size but about half an inch shorter pit to pit, and a little shorter length wise, which fits me perfectly. Will probably get more of them.

Will try and get some photos up in the not so distant future.

Bottom line: Recommended.

3. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

Simon,

Many thanks for the review. The USN pant has become my favorite but still love my Workaday Fatigues. That fabric will be quintessential on the hot balmy days.
    The Drinkwater's shirt has been a labor of love and we are really pleased with fit and fabrics. I will put up some images today on our affiliate thread of the selections available this season. As a teaser, there is a Tangerine Bengal Stripe Seersucker Pop Over that's killer.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

4. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Has anyone purchased the painter's pants? I'm trying to find out the measurements of the waist and leg opening for the Med and/or Large. thanks

5. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Definitely size down. Keep in mind the painter pants are a relaxed fit pants.

I made the mistake of going TTS but the chambray stretched around the waist a good inch after a couple of wears.

I'm actually selling my pair of size 32 (measures 35.5" around the waist). See post here.

6. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Dk if sizing is still same but I have a pair of painters pants from 09 or maybe 08 and they are pretty voluminous. I would size down unless you want that look. The rise is pretty long, too.

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Thanks for the measurements. The leg opening is one inch smaller than the pair I bought 5 (?) years ago. I prefer the wider opening. Good luck on your sale, they're great pants.

8. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

FWIW -

Last summer I bought the blue plaid work shirt in L. I just received the indigo denim work shirt in M and the fit is almost the same. Great shirt.

9. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Awesome! Glad everything worked out, man. That oxford is bulletproof. Def a wardrobe staple of mine as well.

And if Gary raised anyone's curiosity, here's that Drinkwater's Pop-Over from this season:

[​IMG]

(X-post from our affiliate thread here)

10. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

How does the SS14 Cinch pant fit (in lightweight wool)? I am not a big fan of EG pants - they are simply too large and full fitting for my taste (imho). I did like, and purchase, two pairs of MATT pants FW13 in blue cotton and a grey wool/cashmere blend. I love them as they are not too full fitting and rather slim.
    I have my eye on the Cinch in grey tropical wool. If I took a 34 in the MATT would I take the same in the Cinch pant wool?

11. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

waist is tts and cut is slim strait

12. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Thanks
    As slim as the MATT?

13. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

no, matt is almost skinny imho, cinch pant is strait through the seat down to the knee then just a slight taper towards the hem

14. accordion

accordion Senior member

15. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member