1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Tried on the batik *Baker today. Want.

*correction

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. HelloFello

HelloFello Senior member

Nice, I'm getting the matching ghurka shorts, will wait for the Baker to go on sale. There's a good chance that it'll sit on the shelves here in sunny Southern California.

3. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

Have you seen the shorts for sale anywhere? That fabric is one of my favorites this season.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ms. CWI seemed amused by my enthusiasm for the batik. I showed her some of the women's stuff (and some funky Dries patterns, which she rolled her eyes at) that she liked... I'll probably have to buy it for her to wear it though :embar: MAC in SF said they're getting a shipment in on Friday, so they should have more stuff by next weekend.

Bureau belfast will be getting the cambridge short I think in that fabric.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  5. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

How do you guys size the Baker / Bedford? Same as the shirt's size?

It's so hard to decide without the chance of trying. Measurements from online is inconsistent making decision tougher.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

curious if anyone sees some S/S bucket hats

7. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

Would anyone be so kind as to list the SS14 Bedfords for me please?

So far I've only seen olive ripstop and floral for sale.

Thanks.

8. Lollie

Lollie Senior member

From reading this forum, I came to the conclusion that EG jackets fit slim/TTS. Baker seems to be most slim, and Bedford is more relaxed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

When will SS14 Bedford's drop, anyone know?

9. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

ime from slimmest to roomiest (obviously more jackets in collection but this is standard for most seasons) andover<<baker<<truman<<bedford toast, bureau has foulard and navy batik buckets, stateside only seen foulard at mohawk lastly after careful review decided foulard color tones are a bit too bright for my taste in suits, also print looks better from a distance but only so-so up close, now have to confirm is black batik pants exist as I cant do shorts or manpris and cheers to mbaum for some solid fb

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  10. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

I size up for the Baker.

I wear Large in Bedford - XL in Baker.

I also have a FW 2013 wool Bedford in Medium... So ultimately it's best if you try it on or know your measurements.

11. canstyleace

fw is usually cut roomier than ss across the board for jackets to allow for more layering
    then again this is eg we're talking about and some seasons are just inconsistent in sizing

12. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

SS13 I was an XL in Baker's and a M in shirts- no idea about this years yet.

13. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Thanks for all the inputs.

I'm typically a XS in all EG. When I compare the shirt & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements in XS, the chest is way too small. But, seeing those online models with the same size as me being able to fit into XS and able to fully button-up in both the Baker & Bedford, makes it even more puzzling in term of sizing. Is jacket cut differently from shirt?

As it's an online overseas purchase, exchange is out of the equation for me. Of course I want the fit to be spot on without going to the tailor for alteration. But, may be the safe way out is to size up & have it altered if necessary. It's really a pain with no chance of trying.

14. canstyleace

you mention shirt & jacket yet you only mention comparing the baker to the bedford, which are both jackets, so im a bit confused, but the baker has a more strait cut and the bedford has more of the tipical eg A cut, sleeves are usually roomier on the bedford and both will have questionable sleeve length in size xs, if you're over 5'9" or have long arms you might be better off with a small

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  15. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Pardon me for not being clear enough. I was comparing shirt (Work & Western) & jacket (Baker & Bedford) measurements.

The EG XS shirt (p2p is about 49-50cm) is already pretty fitting. So, I was wondering if the online fit pics model (about the same build as me) can fit in nicely, then so can I. But, if I look at the measurements, I have doubts.

I do not know my true chest measurement. I'm only 5'6ish. May be a XS would work? Btw, I'm leaning toward Baker.

16. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Foulard Andover is available at Gentry.

17. canstyleace

if the xs shirt you have is tight then definitely go with a small in the baker or bedford
    the shirts are just cut roomier in the chest for whatever reason

18. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

It's not tight but slim fitting, which I like. Not the loose or relax fit which people envisage EG to be.

19. canstyleace

xs blazer type jacket will fit slimmer in the chest than xs shirt, you can take that to the bank

1 person likes this.
  20. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

^ Roger. That's the decision I must make. S would be a safer bet.