Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jhoo04

jhoo04 Senior member

Thank you for the kind words! We still have some more coming...

2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Emailed Nepenthes about that. They are custom made for that store so they will not be available elsewhere. The Foulard cinch pant will be available at SF Market (Korea), The Bureau, and Inventory.

3. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Thanks buddy. What fabric is the charcoal and black plaid Bedford in? Do you know of any more up close photos? Printed canvas is that duck canvas? Sounds interesting, would like to know more about the feel of that fabric too. I want a Bedford that's a bit stiff, like heavy whipcord, as opposed to for example broken twill. Perhaps I will have to wait till fall. Has anyone handled the cotton ripstop yet? How's the thickness of it? Is it on the thicker and stiffer side, or thin and loose/movable?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Got a pair of the fatigues, in khaki cotton ripstop. It's definitely a ss material, on the thin/movable side. So it might not be what you're looking for. Pretty sweet though.

5. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

@45burHow is sizing on the Fatigues? You size down from previous seasons/years? Any dimensions would be awesome!

I tried on the Fatigue Shorts in Medium and they were huge! Measured 18.25" when laid flat!!! Waist string/rope completely loose mind you... But still!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. 45bur

45bur Senior member

I'll get some measurements later, just at work currently! I will say that I am normally a 30 in EG bottoms, generally, including the fatigues from this past FW. I just purchased a pair of the ripstop fatigues in khaki as well as the fatigue shorts in navy from Indigo and Cotton.

Both of these pieces fit large! I went by the I&C site measurements and ordered extra small (28) in both. They fit perfectly! Not even close to being borderline too tight. For the pants, the inseam is about 30, which is perfect for me, as I'm only 5 foot 7. I would trust the Indigo and Cotton measurements, in my experience they do a great job making sure they are accurate.

7. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

ime, aint no stiffer than duck canvas
    heavy melton wool is also a bit stiff but has a smoother hand and extra warmth

8. Knight

Knight Senior member

Anytime mate :) the black and charcoal grey Bedford is in a cotton houndstooth but I sadly haven't dealt with this nor do I have any detail pics. You're best bet is Gary or Nepenthes themselves.

As for the canvas I don't think it will be a duck canvas, more like a lightweight canvas -- which makes that Bedford look like a wearable painting -- to me sounds quite amazing.

If you're after a Bedford from this SS collection that can handle early autumn -- with a stiffer fabric, you're best bet is the ripstop otherwise go for the fall/winter Bedford range :)

9. Duke de Silver

Duke de Silver Member

Anyone know where I can buy the overhead?

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Duke de Silver

Duke de Silver Member

Engineered Garments

'Over Parka Navy Cotton Weather Poplin'

Requested other sizing info from Nepenthes & for the shops that have it for sale.

$500.

11. Wesley Scott

Wesley Scott Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased the fatigue shorts from this season yet? I never wear shorts really, but I have also never owned a pair I liked, are the fatigue shorts worth it this season?

12. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Anyone knows if the hood on the Short Coverall Jacket is detachable or not? The jacket don't seem to have a collar ie. it's V neck. Am I right?

Dayton chambray looks [​IMG]

13. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Ordered, arrived, tried on, then mailed back for refund. Lesson learned: best to size down this season.

I'm a 33.5" hips (not waist) and medium was far too wide and even with the adjustable waist rope tightened through, the length left it sitting below the knees (rather than above).

I tried on the Flat Twill Cotton, the fabric is nice and light and colour vibrant (brighter when compared to SS13 Reversed Sateen Navy Fatigue Shorts).

The zip up stash pocket is a great addition. The removal of the button side adjusters would not be missed if only the sizing was on point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if this will be a Nepenthes only exclusive or heard anything about a price point?

15. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

FYI

Today we recieved;

S4F0461 / Fatigue Pant / Olive Ripstop XS > XL $205.00

Come get em while they last!

Gary