1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Nov 19, 2013.

1. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

whelp, looks like I'm on the hunt for those polka dot ghurka shorts, and a full eg summer suit, then.

2. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Short Parka - PC Poplin ..

Anyone feeling the love on this or too short ?
    Big fan of the Parka , but just wish this had been 2" longer ..
    At 6'2" , not sure I can get away with this ..
    thoughts ..

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

foulard suit could be your silver lining

4. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

ahh of course, I should sell the andover and buy a foulard suit and navy cinch pants as well. Capital idea!

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

mohawkgeneralstore.com/catalog/mohawk-man/mohawk-man-sale/mens-sale-60/engineered-garments-field-parka-in-navy-wool-serge.html

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

1 person likes this.
  6. click here

click here Senior member

^
    Great price. But I think it needs more pockets

2 people like this.
  7. atlr

atlr Well-Known Member

Anyone handled the weather poplin fabric yet? How is the weight? I'm assuming "weather" meaning it has some some kind of water repellence, no?

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

ftfy

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  9. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

You mean it needs more buttons, right!?

10. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Please tell me one of y'all won that xl sherpa coat on the bay... want to see some fit pics!

11. triad

triad Active Member

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but I couldn't find a general thread for EG so it might be best if I ask here. Does anyone know from which season is this jacket? Tia
    [​IMG]

12. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

So, yesterday, I got my EG shopping hat on and went out to check out SS14 here in LA. I like the prints/ fabrics, sizing continues to be challenging as always. Here are a few observations:

Jackets are cut slim as usual. Baker fit is fantastic - I can do XL for more loose and L for more fitted
    • Black/ blue batik print surprised me the most, seeing it in person - Quite fantastic and for some reason more subtle than in pictures. I saw it modeled with a white/ blue printed shirt and - a perfect match - the green olive ripstop fatigues. it looked awesome and probably my first choice for this season's jackets so far

Shorts/ Fatigue pants - what is not to love about them but sizing is challenging:
    • Ghurka is cut very slim. I do not fit into those as it is thin to start with an tapered. For those of you, who work out at the gym, those will not work. Bummer as the prints I checked out (polka dot, blue bird/ branch) are really, really good
    • Mil works better and is a tad looser with ~1/2 inch wider leg/ leg opening. Nice shorts, a bit unremarkable to me in the olive pima poplin compared to the olive ripstop fabric
    • Fatigues - Fit huge this season, but fit well. Need to downsize to an M with my 33.5" waist and still need to use the drawstrings. Shorts and pants are loose fitting. Very comfortable, great fit
    • Tried on the hounds tooth fatigue pants (Piece of trivia for the classic car aficionados: Porsche offered a hounds tooth fabric inserts for 911/ 912 seats when these cars where introduced in the mid-60's. The pants have the same pattern just with a tad smaller hounds tooths [​IMG]) It is an interesting piece but did feel that I looked like my local baker.

Shirts appear to be cut loose for summer so TTS is the rule to go: It worked for me (L) for popovers, work shirts, standard, etc.

Also a surprise to me on how nice it is: Aviator jacket. I tried on the blue one and it fits nicely in XL (You might have to size up on it but not as slim than the jackets). I have not seen the grey one but think that that the jacket in that color is a stand-out this season.

Mike

6 people like this.
  13. HelloFello

HelloFello Senior member

Which shop did you to see all this selection in LA? The only shop that I've seen that has anything near that much selection is Mohawk General Store in Silverlake. Steven Alan in Venice had only 4 pieces all together.

14. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Sorry to flog a dead horse...

Gitman Vintage EG

[​IMG] [​IMG]

that Gitman are using it for shirting may give a clue as to the fabric weight / feel, for those interested

15. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Yes, Mohawk (Got second drop in) and Steve Alan in Venice (Very limited selection of 5 pieces but has all sizes available). Last week, I checked with American Rag but they have either not yet gotten a drop or not yet unpacked. maybe now?

Mohawk also still has a few AW pieces at 60% off, including a full three-piece grey floral Andover/ vest/ pants (Do not know on sizes/ if all three match) and a few madras shirts.

Lastly, their website currently only shows a fraction of what they have in the store.

Mike

16. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

4 people like this.
  17. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I acquired Mil Shorts in Olive Pima Cotton. I thought the colour was muted at first but it has grown on me. It's a softer and lighter complexion, ideal for summer. It also fits well into my growing collection of EG olive colour pieces from recent years.

In order from left to right:
    • SS13 Field Jacket NyCo
    • SS12 Bedford Jacket
    • SS12 Penn Shirt Jacket
    • AW13 Fatigue Trousers Reversed Sateen
    • SS13 Fatigue Trousers Reversed Sateen
    • SS14 Mil Shorts Pima Cotton

[​IMG]

The fabric has also stretched after a day of wear. Initial fit was a tad tight around waist.
    The three concealed zip pockets are a nice touch and explains the additional cost to a degree.
    Side waist fasteners are a nice addition, borrowing from military design (hence the name obviously). I noticed YKK zippers applied to the pockets but TALON used on the fly zip.

I also acquired 8oz Denim Fatigue shorts. Definitely size down from your usual size as mentioned already.

4 people like this.
  18. eluther

eluther Senior member

Don't size down on the Mil shorts, yeah? They looked so much like the fatigues I figured it was the same pattern.

19. robin

robin Senior member

20. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

I know we are long ways away from AW14 and I have barely started with summer stuff but that collection is un-fucking-real. Love the jackets, love the pants, love the knits. And love the muted color palette (Save for Leopard prints ...) that works for an old fart like me.

Mike