1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

Can someone give advice on what the waistcoats/vests below should be worn with?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like them but don't know how to "rock" them.

2. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

i would wear them with a tee like most of the beams or united arrows dudes.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

As much as I like EG those are way down the list of stuff I'd buy from them

4 people like this.
  4. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

yeah the floral vest is really nice to wear with a full suit.

i wear mine with my navy suit and it adds this nice pop.

keep in mind, my wife thinks i dress like an idiot but i like it. ;)

2 people like this.
  5. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

A full EG suit (jacket, vest, pants) is on my to-cop list.

I'm aiming for one that's more suited to colder weather.

6. Knight

Knight Senior member

Nepenthes Tumblr have updated the SS14 preview and posted higher resolution pictures and much more variety. Its getting more and more psychadelic.

It looks [to me] like Daiki has [almost] reached his peak in terms of adding as much raw function and performance as he can to his garments that he's matching that now with artistic input – something i absolutely love.

The whole man meets tuck skirt thing is a little too experimental for me. I say that now but i know ill go for it down the track.

But what I love about Daiki is that he comforts the EG puritans by constantly evolving the 'woodsman' utilitarian styles we're all too familar with. I honestly think Daiki Suzuki is the most innovative designer/curator of the modern age. Engineered Garments is simply getting better and better. That's my 2 penny worth :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Thanks for posting these. That first look is nuts. Leaning towards it being really awesome at the moment but pretty much no way I'd wear it though. The second look is right up my street however.

8. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

^^^ That last FWK look is really cool. Mixed feelings about the mens. Kurtas I can get behind, some of the other weirder stuff -not so much.

I like this one:
    [​IMG]

On an SS13 note I got myself a denim western shirt in the sales. Only my second EG shirt, really liking it.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

I'd recommend one of EG's more "everyday" kind of vests, like the Upland. Those can be worn with anything, the waist coats on the other hand, I feel like if you were to wear those with anything other than a suit you're going to look like Usher.

10. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ agreed, I wear several (waistcoats and some vests),,, a vest can look good with almost any outfit,,, waistcoats imho, look good with a suit or at least a shirt/tie and if possible matching pant, otherwise your getting into waiter/valet/server/usher territory.

I personally prefer the waistcoats that have same fabric front and back, not the satin back ones, as those cant really be worn without their matching suit, otherwise it just looks a bit douche imho....

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I wear the vests with button down shirts and never with jeans. Always with slacks, fatigues, chinos, etc. not necessarily with a tie, but ties help. Throw a jacket or even a cardigan over if weather permits.

But remember, no rules. Work it out with your wardrobe. Could work with a tee. I've worn blue vests with a blue tee underneath.

12. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

How to differentiate between vest & waistcoat? Waistcoat is one with lapel / collar?

13. Knight

Knight Senior member

Me three. The upland vest is the ideal vest -- and more outerwear than anything.

But if you're after a spring vest that has outerwear properties and waistcoat like potential, I highly recommend the 'north wind vest' it has a button snap detachable hood that transforms it into a waistcoat-like vest with 2 zips, and adds much welcomed character if you wish to wear it underneath a jacket like a Bedford or something... Food for thought man :)

[​IMG]

14. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Not necessarily, although nowadays its getting harder to tell some apart,, but for me a waist coat usually has a cinch belt on the lower back to fit snug at the waist and front hem is either pointed or rounded but rarely squared,,,, vests are usually looser fitting, have square hems and no cinch belt, although some will have side tabs...

Another way to look at it is that a wasitcoat is something to layer a coat over (mid-layer piece),,, and a vest is more of a outer piece by itself.

Now in the real world its mostly a difference of where you live (US vs UK),,, a waistcoat goes under a coat,,, and a vest goes under a jacket.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  15. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I guess it's kinda hard to tell at times. Another thing is perhaps the fabric & the overall look of the garment. For me, it's easier to classify them as formal or casual by the look.

16. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Was just figuring out how to use my iPhone camera by the end of the presentation; here's a few shots that came out okay that yall might appreciate (i sat opposite the spotlight)

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

The amount of patterns and fabrics involved in the final look is insane considering how seamless the styling is. There was some EG charm in the presentation itself aswell; Daiki was too humble to come out for a bow, and their models came out for their last walk in their own clothes. I'm really glad I was able to be there for the whole thing.

we're running some sales on our remaining SS13 stock soon. I'll gather an inventory and post back on here shortly.

4 people like this.
  17. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Thanks for posting those. Seems as if they amount of looks shown greatly outweighs the amount of pictures of the show available on the internet. Everyone someone new posts I see something new.

18. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

If anyone has a 'douglas' overshirt (ss12) in olive size M they'd be willing to part with, let me know.

Narrowly missed out on one on ebay [​IMG][​IMG]

19. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I was watching the same auction as well! Thought it ended quite high for an item released just on 12 months ago.

20. CMO

CMO Member

That was my auction. Still awaiting payment but if it doesn't materialise I'll let you know if still interested..

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013