Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Senior member

Just curious about the degree to which it flares out, particularly on that fella. That's an interesting take on the fabric-- I'm looking forward to checking it out. I do have one of the button-down camp shirts from '11 and it definitely flares out-- the popovers less so imo. The only other pics I've seen of the popovers are on the kink webshop. Would you mind posting links or images to the pics that you've seen?

2. astris

astris Senior member

Mine flares out more in every direction than that picture. I have wide shoulders/chest which I think exaggerates it even more. Top half fits fine, but tons of excess material in the lower half. I'm still contemplating selling or returning it.

There are other photos on Context and Indigo and Cotton of various popovers.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

3. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

Is this the sort of thing that could be altered via tailoring? Or too much trouble?

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

stop trying to make EG fit like boo.

5. astris

astris Senior member

I'm hesitant to have someone do some experimental hacking on an $192 shirt. I think the options are: embrace the fit, wear it under a layer... or don't wear it.

6. catchh

catchh Senior member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

It's not that I want it to fit tight, but rather boxy. I have some LVC short sleeves that are cut 1950s boxy style: straight down with a straight hem. I have a WWM camp shirt from a few years back which is cut the same way. No flaring at all. I think I'll pass on the popover and get the Chauncey shirt

8. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Hi Guys!

We've received our first drop from EG. Everything is limited in quantity and so so awesome

Work Shirt
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jersey Shawl Button-up in Navy or Sailor Stripe
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ecru Linen/Cotton Truman Jacket
    [​IMG]

Iridescent Chambray Scarves
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We've got scarves in two breton stripe jersey materials aswell, though I have no photos of them as of now. one of the same you see on the button up knit, and one is similar but with alternating blue & red stripes.

so happy to see this gear in shop; looking forward to our next delivery as well!

9. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

What's that jacket with the floral lining?

10. Knight

Knight Senior member

I took this over the weekend, it just so happens i had a similar look going that's why i posted the pic from Second Stage's website. Since everyone in this forum is an EG connoisseur. I don't need to detail what pieces im wearing. I also got me a few other pieces and ill post fit pics soon.

[​IMG]

11. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

The pants are a bit much for me personally, but you've got the whole thing put together very well. I am seriously tempted by that Ground Jacket!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

12. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Really like that orange chambray. How is the fit on it compared to workshirts this season? I can go medium or large depending on how the fit falls.

13. Knight

Knight Senior member

Thanks mate. TBH i thought i had it quite pared back compared to how the looks are put together in the lookbook [hard to judge since they're bw pics at the moment but the patterns and prints clash – i think this is Daiki's intention] AND a lot of people have asked me where i got the pants from which i found flattering :) The Ground Jacket in Khaki is a nice piece! I've got a lot of wear from it already.

The fit on the Rounded collar shirts are similar to a work shirt, its a loose, unflattering fit [which i prefer] with good length and without the beer belly issue thats inherent in the popover shirts. Id recommend you go true to size, there's plenty of room.

14. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I believe it's a Morris print coat from the women's Barbour collection this spring. I Shot that scarf on my coworker Rori, though shes most won over by the work shirt so far.

15. catchh

catchh Senior member