• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Just curious about the degree to which it flares out, particularly on that fella. That's an interesting take on the fabric-- I'm looking forward to checking it out. I do have one of the button-down camp shirts from '11 and it definitely flares out-- the popovers less so imo. The only other pics I've seen of the popovers are on the kink webshop. Would you mind posting links or images to the pics that you've seen?

astris

Reaction score
Mine flares out more in every direction than that picture. I have wide shoulders/chest which I think exaggerates it even more. Top half fits fine, but tons of excess material in the lower half. I'm still contemplating selling or returning it.

There are other photos on Context and Indigo and Cotton of various popovers.

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score
Is this the sort of thing that could be altered via tailoring? Or too much trouble?

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stop trying to make EG fit like boo.

It's not that I want it to fit tight, but rather boxy. I have some LVC short sleeves that are cut 1950s boxy style: straight down with a straight hem. I have a WWM camp shirt from a few years back which is cut the same way. No flaring at all. I think I'll pass on the popover and get the Chauncey shirt

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

We've received our first drop from EG. Everything is limited in quantity and so so awesome

Work Shirt

Jersey Shawl Button-up in Navy or Sailor Stripe

Ecru Linen/Cotton Truman Jacket

Iridescent Chambray Scarves

We've got scarves in two breton stripe jersey materials aswell, though I have no photos of them as of now. one of the same you see on the button up knit, and one is similar but with alternating blue & red stripes.

so happy to see this gear in shop; looking forward to our next delivery as well!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's that jacket with the floral lining?

Knight

Reaction score
Wow, Okay! That guy's got a similar tone to me. I'll have to give this shirt a try -

I took this over the weekend, it just so happens i had a similar look going that's why i posted the pic from Second Stage's website. Since everyone in this forum is an EG connoisseur. I don't need to detail what pieces im wearing. I also got me a few other pieces and ill post fit pics soon.

Lendo

Reaction score
The pants are a bit much for me personally, but you've got the whole thing put together very well. I am seriously tempted by that Ground Jacket!!

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like that orange chambray. How is the fit on it compared to workshirts this season? I can go medium or large depending on how the fit falls.

Knight

Reaction score
The pants are a bit much for me personally, but you've got the whole thing put together very well. I am seriously tempted by that Ground Jacket!!

Really like that orange chambray. How is the fit on it compared to workshirts this season? I can go medium or large depending on how the fit falls.

Thanks mate. TBH i thought i had it quite pared back compared to how the looks are put together in the lookbook [hard to judge since they're bw pics at the moment but the patterns and prints clash – i think this is Daiki's intention] AND a lot of people have asked me where i got the pants from which i found flattering :) The Ground Jacket in Khaki is a nice piece! I've got a lot of wear from it already.

The fit on the Rounded collar shirts are similar to a work shirt, its a loose, unflattering fit [which i prefer] with good length and without the beer belly issue thats inherent in the popover shirts. Id recommend you go true to size, there's plenty of room.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads