• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
not a fan of short sleeve shirts ...

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Industrie denim stocks eg as well. Never really on sale and usually a premium on everything iirc

Don't think they stocked anything from this past FW. Not sure if they'll continue to carry the brand.

nonissue

Reaction score
Anyone seen the snapback in solid navy anywhere? inventory had it for a sec but has since sold out, and i can only find the prints elsewhere.

Knight

Reaction score
I grabbed that orange irridescent one the second it was announced. I may have mentioned ill be wearing it a lot. It's my favourite shirt so far. I even bought the navy pinpoint dot (red/white) definitely the best shirts this season as far as b/d is concerned. Don't hesitate fellas. Get em :)

like that round collar orange chambray...hmmm.....

Agreed, but for the polka dot rounded collar.

alex99

Reaction score

currently available at nepenthes.

Does anyone know if there are other shirts in this colorway? I'm also trying to figure out what colors were used for the 19th BD this season. Anyone know? So far I have seen:

19th BD Shirt - Madras Micro Plaid
19th BD Shirt - Madras Yellow/Blue
19th BD Shirt - Red Blue pinstripe
19th BD Shirt - White

xander_horst

Reaction score

I grabbed that orange irridescent one the second it was announced. I may have mentioned ill be wearing it a lot. It's my favourite shirt so far. I even bought the navy pinpoint dot (red/white) definitely the best shirts this season as far as b/d is concerned. Don't hesitate fellas. Get em :)

I love the look of that shirt, but with my skin tone (white guy who feels most comfortable in blue, grey, green and brown) I'm afraid it'll look a bit yuck on me. Are there any fitpics of models wearing this shirt?

Knight

Reaction score

I love the look of that shirt, but with my skin tone (white guy who feels most comfortable in blue, grey, green and brown) I'm afraid it'll look a bit yuck on me. Are there any fitpics of models wearing this shirt?

That's fair I guess but honestly I think anyone can pull it off. I've got olive skin and I still think it works well. Here's a pic taken from second stage a store in Japan.

xander_horst

Reaction score
Wow, Okay! That guy's got a similar tone to me. I'll have to give this shirt a try -

grooveholmes

Reaction score

Maybe but here's the guy from Arrow+Arrow - looks like a beer pouch. Now I'm not saying it should be tight like a girl shirt, but more boxy yet without a front pouch - I have some short sleeve shirts by LVC in a 50s cut and they fit real good, not tight and yet they don't make you look like you're pregnant.

Yeah, that profile pic bothered me too. I have two EG popovers from previous seasons and neither fit like that, and I definitely don't have a six-pack. Must be his body shape throwin' things off. I ordered this season's surf print and have yet to receive it, but I'll load pics when I get the chance.

astris

Reaction score

Yeah, that profile pic bothered me too. I have two EG popovers from previous seasons and neither fit like that, and I definitely don't have a six-pack. Must be his body shape throwin' things off. I ordered this season's surf print and have yet to receive it, but I'll load pics when I get the chance.

Well, you're probably not going to be happy then. In my experience, it actually flares out much more than the photos. The shirt definitely is cut in an A shape; narrow up top, increasing in width towards the bottom. The surf print fabric is super lightweight and crispy which doesn't help the shape.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the Andover jackets pretty year round collection but the fabric is just changed up for S/S and F/W, respectively? And is it the only jacket without the patch pockets?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads