1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Wish I could see/try on that field jacket. 550 is steep for a lightweight jacket

2. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

That's definitely steep. Where did you get that price?

3. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

I bought the Penn last summer and wore it all the time. I like it a lot. It was slightly A shaped until I had my tailor take in the sides a bit, which was easy because its unlined. I wouldn't do this to a Bedford or something, but I think lighter fabrics that won't drape as heavily can benefit from this operation. The hem is slightly curved. Also there is a pleat/fold in the back by each shoulder that makes riding my bike more comfortable.

This pic isn't great - I hope it gives you an idea of the general shape of the jacket:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Knight

Knight Senior member

That red windbreaker seems to be the fan favourite so far, I scored one myself and I can't wait to see it. Also got me
    - the baker in paisley,
    - Truman indigo denim
    - the fatigue short in light blue ripstop, and
    - (my personal favourite) the orange rounded collar shirt irridescent chambray. I've a feeling ill be wearing this particular piece a lot.

5. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Knight,
    What size is your Truman jacket? Do you mind giving me pit to pit and shoulder measurements? I'm very tempted to order the Ecru cotton one. I'm generally a medium in EG outerwear but have to size up or down sometimes. Thanks!

6. Knight

Knight Senior member

Sure, I just measured the ptp it was about 20 inches, the sts was (approx) 18.5 inches. It fit like most if not all the sport coat jackets I got from EG namely the FW ones. It's got some nice darting to compliment your waist. This is my first Truman so I'm pretty stoked. I'm looking forward to matching it with the Truman short and vest also in denim, could look real nice. The Ecru one is gorgeous.

I hope these measurements help you. If in doubt call Nepenthes and speak to Abdul.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. kota

kota Active Member

I have the popover from a couple of seasons ago (not sure which one) and it´s really flared and big around the belly compared to chest/shoulders. Guess it´s a typical EG fit though.

8. deeman

deeman Active Member

Like the red windbreaker myself. A little too pricey for me perhaps though. Will have to call into the Bureau for a browse sometime soon. Maybe it will take my fancy more once I try it on

Their new website is launching this week too with the new s/s range:)

9. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

I'd love to see a photo of the orange iridescent chambray. I really like the Chauncey shirt's cut and details so I'll be picking up a couple of them from this season and I know that iridescent orange is one of the available fabrics- Just haven't seen the fabric/color in person or online yet.

edit: Nevermind :D [​IMG]

10. slstr

slstr Senior member

Where can you get that?

11. VCircuit

VCircuit Well-Known Member

Do you find the popover is a little slimmer in the chest/shoulders than the work shirt? I wear an S in the work shirt but M in most EG jackets, and I was planning to get the popover in M.

12. astris

astris Senior member

Grabbed the tricolor long beach popover and the surf print popover shirt.

FYI, the surf print is sold out in middle sizes at a couple places, so if you've been on the fence, might want to get it now before they're gone.

13. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Thanks Xander.....
    Agreed on the drapeness factor, btw is yours a 60/40 or 100% cotton?

14. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Thanks Knight. What size is your jacket tagged as?
    I just found measurements of the navy and denim on Context and Garbstores websites. They state the following.

Context - Medium
    p2p 19.5
    s2s 18
    back length 27

Garbstore - Medium
    p2p 19
    s2s -
    back length 27

Large: p2p 20.5 and 20.85.

Such a difference from FW. My Herringbone Truman in Small has p2p 19", s2s 19" and back length 27.75", measured myself. That jacket is tight on me though. Sounds like I'm between M and L this season just cause of the pit to pit :/.

If you mean the orange irridescent Nitty Grittys in Sweden has got it.
    http://www.nittygrittystore.com/brands/engineeredgarments/men

1 person likes this.
  15. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

16. catchh

catchh Senior member

Won't 100% nylon make you feel to warm/sweaty for spring/summer?

17. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Senior member

sorry if this is a repost, but it looks like Odin has their new EG up. They have the windbreaker in red.

18. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

this might just be the best piece of the season. anyone know what it's retailing for?

[​IMG]

19. Knight

Knight Senior member

This beast retails for $575
    Im pretty sure this has a flap/skirt reveal section underneath, hence the inflated price tag... You can see button rivets inbetween the pockets midway through the jacket.

20. johnny1202

johnny1202 Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a penn shirt or any normal field jackets without the skirt flap this ss13?