1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 21, 2007.

1. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Thanks for posting that robin. Anyone know where/how I can purchase one of the waistcoats?
    Stockists, according to Angelo (BTW, I put this info on the previous page with the waistcoats pics):

Blue Pin Cord-
    Japan only

Grey Pin Cord-
    Bloomingdales SCP
    Bloomingdales SF
    Bloomingdales SOHO
    Hejfina
    Hollander & Lexar
    Ians
    MAC
    Nitty Gritty (Stockholm, Sweden)
    Rosey Jekes

Grey Glen Plaid-
    American Rag
    August
    Boutique U & I
    Odin E.Village
    Odin Lafayette
    The Bureau
    The shop at Bluebird
    TNT
    Thomas I Punkt

Brown Gun Club-
    Boutique U & I

Green Gun Club-
    Japan Only

Navy Stripe-
    American Rag
    Bastille
    Boutique U & I
    Hollander & Lexar
    Ians
    Jonathan & Olivia (Vancouver)
    Lane Crawford (Hong Kong)
    Legion
    MAC
    Made in Europe (Italy)
    Start (London)
    Steven Alan
    The Bureau (Belfast)
    The shop at Bluebird (London)
    Viwa (Italy)

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

^^Im starting to plan my future university teacher /old geezer -career look. Im working on the oxford shirts and leather, next step is the cord jacket and cord pants.
    That's why i don't mind buying some of the items i have now. The forum brands have such high resale value. I like some of the EG look books and styling i've seen, but i'm not as in love with individual pieces as most are. I'd just need to find a look and commit to creating it instead of taking individual cool pieces. Oh well, the little fashion nipper as rye called me lives on for another year at least.

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

just make those kids love rick owens and julius, man.

4. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

via S&G.. Pincord Stripe Andover - 47,250

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn I really like this.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

That's why i don't mind buying some of the items i have now. The forum brands have such high resale value. I like some of the EG look books and styling i've seen, but i'm not as in love with individual pieces as most are. I'd just need to find a look and commit to creating it instead of taking individual cool pieces. Oh well, the little fashion nipper as rye called me lives on for another year at least.

The great thing with EG is that it will transition seamlessly from fashion forward outdoorsman today, to stodgy collage lecturer tomorrow. The perfect brand.

I wonder if I should ask my gf to see if the binocular f/w is still on sale in my size...

6. asobu

asobu Senior member

where? we're not the same size anyway, haha.

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^nittygritty. I picked up the chambray work shirt there last week.

8. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Conveyed for Gary: We just returned home from our buying trip in NYC. We visited with EG on Sunday evening and selected some truly amazing things from them for F/W 08. The new fabrics are amazing and there were some new styles added to the collection. The shirts were the least enamoring which surprised me for I have always been excited about them. The sweaters and knitwear were great and the prices were a bit more reasonable than this past seasons.

10. robin

robin Senior member

Conveyed for Gary:
    The sweaters and knitwear were great and the prices were a bit more reasonable than this past seasons.
    [/I]
    Awesome - I was hoping to see more knitwear this next year. The cardigan from 07 ended up being one of my more favorite pieces (unexpectedly, as I hated it at first).

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Awesome - I was hoping to see more knitwear this next year.
    My sentiments exactly.

12. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Hint....... Knity Bedford. That's all I'm allowed to say. If that! Say What! I'll probably get shot.

Gary

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

someone asked how the EG tapered jeans fit, and seeing as I just got mine from peasant yesterday (amazing service as usual), i'll post a shitty fit pic. Excuse the picture of my junk

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I wanted to take more detailed pics, but haven't had time. The detailing is great, felled inseams, lined waist and back yoke, half lined pockets, lined hem (can kind of see the red in the pics), my gripes are the belt loops seem a bit flimsy (really thin), weight of denim is VERY light, possibly my lightest pair, i'd say maybe 10-12oz, and no chainstitch hem.

But the fit is great, I had the opportunity to try these on at American rag in LA last month, so i knew what i was getting, but they run a size small. can't beat the $76 price tag though.

Thanks karissa!

14. robin

robin Senior member

^ The fit looks great. I'd already have a pair if they were made with longer inseams.

15. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

^^Yeah, jeans look really good, especially with the W+H you got on.

16. robin

robin Senior member

Hint....... Knity Bedford. That's all I'm allowed to say. If that! Say What! I'll probably get shot.
    I like the sound of it already, but I hope you don't get into any trouble. [​IMG]

17. Cali

Cali Senior member

...weight of denim is VERY light, possibly my lightest pair, i'd say maybe 10-12oz, and no chainstitch hem.

Denim is 8oz from Cone Mills. White Oak I believe. I just wish they weren't so slim. If you are going to make a lightweight summer pair or jeans why not use your (wider) straight leg cut?

18. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

awesome, i was going to say 9oz, but didn't want to undershoot it. 8oz seems right though, they're the thinnest pair of jeans i own. Its great to know these are cone, actually my first pair (minus the rag&bone i had for a week) of all american made jeans i've owned in like at least 5 years since levi's moved production overseas. can't wait to try these on and see what they fade like seeing it's cone/white oak denim, some of the best in the world

19. asobu

asobu Senior member

great fit poly!!

but those aren't the light weight summer jeans right? didn't you get the discounted ones from f/w? I'm pretty sure peasant said those are 12 oz. but they've taken the description down since they sold out. wouldn't it be weird to make fall/winter jeans at 8 oz? maybe not.

20. velobran

velobran Senior member

they run a size small. can't beat the $76 price tag though.

By a size, you mean the 30 and 36 they have left would fit like a 29 and a 35 respectively?

If so ... I'd either have to loose or gain a lot of weight ... probably easier to gain.

What size did you buy and what size did they measure?

Edit:
    Nevermind ... I see you bought a 30, and they probably measured 29.