• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where were these deals when I bought my peajacket. Luckily stevenalan are sold out of M's.

API

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
Where were these deals when I bought my peajacket. Luckily stevenalan are sold out of M's.

i need a reference for fit on this EG peaoat, looks like stevenalan still has sz L, but no returns on sale items. my chest is 41, 6'1" tall, approx 175# for ref. already have a coat the same color as the sz m that barneys has left.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by API
i need a reference for fit on this EG peaoat, looks like stevenalan still has sz L, but no returns on sale items. my chest is 41, 6'1" tall, approx 175# for ref. already have a coat the same color as the sz m that barneys has left.
Size L sounds about right for a 41" chest. Lengthwise, though, I believe robin had issues with with the sleeve and/or body length. He's of similar height to you, so he may also give a better recommendation.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A medium fit me fine, though I'm about 6'2" with a smaller chest. The body length was too short for me though and it looked kind of funny when I tried it on.
frown.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ian will be putting their Spring/Summer EG stock on sale this next week at 30% off, most likely Thursday evening. They still have quite a few things left:

* Baby blue bedfords, khaki pea jackets
* Various shirts and hoodies
* Most of the shorts and pants
* A few of the madras bucket hats

Some jerk bought out the camp and climbing pants in my size though.
tongue.gif

Odin also put their stock on sale this last week as well, 30% off. It seemed like they also had a nice selection still left when I called them earlier.

atomicranch

Reaction score
I just called both Odin locations and bought a few things (polo, banded collar shirt, cinch shorts). The Soho (Lafayette St) location had a better selection, but it was kind of sparse at both. Almost no button-down shirts left in M or L, for example (besides the one I bought).

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of Odin, when the hell are they going to get their website up?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone seen measurements for the jean jacket online anywhere? I didn't seem to find any on the jp sites.

Originally Posted by winston
On the topic of Odin, when the hell are they going to get their website up?
Not any time soon most likely. They probably don't need one.

Dave Walker

Reaction score
There's some really nice ideas on here...good stuff to think about!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL

I just saw that video yesterday and it didn't even cross my mind. Barney's Seattle still has a couple of those left on the rack.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got a call from Ian letting me know that they marked down their Engineered Garments stuff early. All remaining pieces are 30% off.

efujobu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
New Look @ Nepenthes. Damn, this pic makes me wish I picked up the Pathfinder.

look44.jpg

hey EG enthusiasts. What is that bd shirt? Is that an oxford? I've been looking for an oxford similar to the Polo blue/white stripe style. Is there any stockists for this shirt in the US?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just spoke with Angelo about the shirt shown. It is not an EG shirt. The shirt is made by a company in Italy called Barena www.barenavenezia.com. He was not sure about US stockist. He told me that the company had a rich history in clothing manufacturing and was known for their Cloaks.

Gary

Originally Posted by efujobu
hey EG enthusiasts. What is that bd shirt? Is that an oxford? I've been looking for an oxford similar to the Polo blue/white stripe style. Is there any stockists for this shirt in the US?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads