1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments S/S 09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jul 19, 2008.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

thanks for the headsup on the odin sale dudes.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

some of the shorts are tempting, how do they fit?

3. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

tts for me (32 - fit pic), you should nab those indigo ghurka shorts in 34 from odin

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Jonathan + Olivia just put their EG on sale as well.

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

so much stuff i want...must...not...buy!

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

really like both cinch back shorts. will wait til the rag & bone sale at gilt tomorrow, but those grey/white seersuckers are so tempting...

7. kinetic

kinetic Senior member

really like both cinch back shorts. will wait til the rag & bone sale at gilt tomorrow, but those grey/white seersuckers are so tempting...

Got those from Odin a month or so ago. They are awesome.

8. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

How do the EG shorts fit? Looking at the chambray fatigue shorts... odin has small/med/large/xlarge, im around a 36ish waist. What size should I go for? Has a drawstring as well so I guess that could help if in between sizes. Also would appreciate any fit pictures/ideas on the inseam or how slim the legs are.

Also looking at the camp shirts... how do they fit? I'm about a medium in Jcrew. EDIT: Odin only has XL left.. dont worry bout this part [​IMG]

New to EG [​IMG]

EDIT2: Just realised Odin only shipping domestically... average. If anyone is available to do a proxy, let me know; will pay a fee for it.

9. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

oh man, I am pretty tempted by the odin sale, I picked up a pair of those chambray ghurka shorts like three months ago and they are pretty sweet, decent inseam length with a very slim leg, very cool stuff, sized tts on those if anyone is wondering.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

davo- you should probably go with the L. I am a 32 and the S fits me well.

11. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Thanks mate; what is the inseam like on the shorts? And how slim are the legs? My legs aren't the thinnest things and i like a boxy fit sometimes.

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

Inseam depends on the shorts. I think Norwegian army shorts are I think 6" and the gurkha and others are about 9"? They aren't slim, and most of the materials are fairly thin and stretchy.

13. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Sorry thought I specified, meant the fatigue chambray shorts?

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

How do the EG shorts fit? Looking at the chambray fatigue shorts... odin has small/med/large/xlarge, im around a 36ish waist. What size should I go for? Has a drawstring as well so I guess that could help if in between sizes. Also would appreciate any fit pictures/ideas on the inseam or how slim the legs are.

Also looking at the camp shirts... how do they fit? I'm about a medium in Jcrew. EDIT: Odin only has XL left.. dont worry bout this part [​IMG]

New to EG [​IMG]

EDIT2: Just realised Odin only shipping domestically... average. If anyone is available to do a proxy, let me know; will pay a fee for it.

I had this same question about the camp shirts actually. I was thinking about the camp shirt and the popover herringbone BD and was wondering about the fit on both in order to make up my mind. They both look fantastic and from all the pictures I've seen the popover shirt might be a bit less boxy in the same size. I am typically a small in most clothing brands and I don't mind looser fit for the summer but I definately don't want to swim in these things. I'm 5'8, 150ish lbs. for reference.

Can anyone offer some sizing/fit advice or throw some pics up?? Thanks, guys!

15. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

The Camp Shirt I wear in a Large like most other EG shirts but in the Pop-Over, I took an XL. I found the Large to be to snug for a shirt of this style so if you're looking for a trim fit, Small would be fine.

I had this same question about the camp shirts actually. I was thinking about the camp shirt and the popover herringbone BD and was wondering about the fit on both in order to make up my mind. They both look fantastic and from all the pictures I've seen the popover shirt might be a bit less boxy in the same size. I am typically a small in most clothing brands and I don't mind looser fit for the summer but I definately don't want to swim in these things. I'm 5'8, 150ish lbs. for reference.

Can anyone offer some sizing/fit advice or throw some pics up?? Thanks, guys!

16. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Baker jacket is appealing. Would a L fit best for a 40L?

17. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Yes!

Baker jacket is appealing. Would a L fit best for a 40L?

18. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

Jonathan + Olivia just put their EG on sale as well.

Thanks Zissou, I'm going to go pay them a visit.

19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I'm trying to decide between the Fatigue Chambray shorts or the Sage Fatigue Twill shorts. They both look fantastic. The chambray is definately more unique and that light blue is money for some color in the summer. Damn decisions. Anyone have both or had a similar dilemna want to share some of your experiences. Just curious what people are thinking or thought about them or what any owners of those feel about theirs.

Also, I normally get pants and shorts in a size 30 (I believe my natural waist is about 31"), I take it I would be fine with a small considering the measurement for a small is about 32" but they have the drawstrings and tabs? Thanks a ton!

20. cbc00

cbc00 Member

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the cinch vest (L) and cinch pants in the navy madras? I've tried calling a lot of places, but no luck...

Thanks!