• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

maregmareg

Reaction score
For someone in between sizes, size down i guess?
Yes, I'd say so.
Here’s medium on me (6’0, 165 lbs)
923F6F08-69B0-4ECA-896D-A22ACBBC7B60.jpeg

19AE7B40-EF0B-4865-A004-04BD3C93519A.png

Attachments

• 060A6C43-8641-4C3F-99AD-4D793FEC0CF7.png
    060A6C43-8641-4C3F-99AD-4D793FEC0CF7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Knight

Reaction score
Hi gang, it's been a long time. It's Black Friday and already the promos come pouring in. Big Trouble Store (for the locals in Aus and the enthusiasts all over) are taking 20% off their inventory (including EG). Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

conqueror

Reaction score
potentially dumb question, but other than the front pocket placement what's the difference between the 6w cord painter trousers and the 8w cord fatigues?

evolsirhc

Reaction score
The painter pants have drawstrings at the hem, hammer loop, more pockets, etc. The fit is different too.

conqueror

Reaction score
i ask because the bureau's measurements seem borderline identical. i thought the difference in fit would be more significant.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Does anyone else also think that FW19 Bedford sleeves are a bit too short or is it just me? Half of an inch more in a sleeve length and this would be best Bedford ever - speaking about cord patchwork one.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Did you take your usual EG size?
Yep, I didn't have this problem with SS19 Bedford, but with FW19 everything is just perfect about the jacket except the sleeve length. I mean it's still fine but I'd like the sleeves to show a bit less of my shirt sleeve.
I still like the jacket much more than SS19 Patchwork Bedford which I ended up selling, didn't like how the shoulders fit.

Phullyman

Reaction score
Does anyone else also think that FW19 Bedford sleeves are a bit too short or is it just me? Half of an inch more in a sleeve length and this would be best Bedford ever - speaking about cord patchwork one.

yea trying them on in store, my TTS fit everywhere but the sleeves and going up a size, everything was too big but the sleeves

maregmareg

Reaction score
yea trying them on in store, my TTS fit everywhere but the sleeves and going up a size, everything was too big but the sleeves
exactly, so close to being a 100% perfect Bedford jacket, but TTS is still a great fit

Abrowne

Reaction score
i ask because the bureau's measurements seem borderline identical. i thought the difference in fit would be more significant.
I don't find the bureau reliable when it comes to fit details and measurements

maregmareg

Reaction score
Any backpack ideas to go well with EG and other Nepenthes stuff?
I have F/CE 950 Travel Backpack but I don't really like it. The quality is good but not sure about the look.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one from s2w8, which is good, but I would not call it heavy duty.

I also have one from Yuketen that was made from recycled army tents. Not sure they sell them currently.

Visvim would also work if you want to spend $$.

But seriously, your basic Eastpak stuff would be fine.

Edit: other options are Master-Piece Japan and Porter

Last edited:

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Any backpack ideas to go well with EG and other Nepenthes stuff?
I have F/CE 950 Travel Backpack but I don't really like it. The quality is good but not sure about the look.
+1 to @bry2000 - Epperson Mountaineering, Nanamica, Arcteryx, DSPTCH, North Face Purple Label, Hobo, and Filson also come to mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads