• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone making or selling EG is getting rich off of it. From all my interactions with the brand and staff, it's a labor of love. Good people making good wages and selling good clothes. Prices never go down. Admittedly, I jumped a little bit at the price of that shirt, but it's dope. I bought a work shirt for retail in 2013 maybe? and I never regretted it and still love it.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, took a look at that $400 shirt on Mohawk that’s being discussed. It’s floral embroidered denim and there’s a ton of extra work that goes into that fabric vs. the standard denim. A quick google for “Engineered Garments Work Shirt” shows that the price for the more standard work shirts range from $216-$250. So using the $400 denim embroidered shirt at Mohawk (they also have EG Classic shirts on their site for low $200’s) seems to be an extreme example to assess EG.

That being said, I’m looking forward to seeing how that embroidered denim ages. Please post progress!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, let's keep in mind SS19 floral western was similar in price.

@timpoblete is absolutely right. While some prices have risen, this is pretty standard for that shirt. There are things that I consider to be a complete steal this seaosn, despite some prices rising slightly.

Beedub

Reaction score
Has anyone seen got/ seen any fit pics of the satin nylon field vest that they could share?

maregmareg

Reaction score
If you complain about prices of EG stuff in $ then look at what we, EU guys, need to pay

400$ for button down shirt is mental though, I don't like this particular shirt anyway so whatever

Quite frequent discounts in webstores make buying more bearable, I don't recall paying full retail for any EG piece ever, at least -10% discount was used every time.
Price hike is another story but what makes me really mad is that Nepenthes London webstore charges 25 gbp (!!!!) for EU shipping, I guess their shipping warehouse is located on moon, that's the highest shipping cost I've seen.

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
i haven’t felt such an intense gnawing lust for clothing in years. this season is too good. i’m trying to stay strong and save money but i don’t know how much longer i can hold out

maregmareg

Reaction score
I really wanted to hold on until sales but this season is too good, already grabbed cord Bedford and wool diagonal Madison Parka.

On another topic - Highland Parkas are going to be released in FW19? Should have bought this thing years ago, but every time I miss on the one I want.

Alexidb

Reaction score
C23E886C-698C-40B3-AE07-BE160910DB30.jpeg

kbrenns

Reaction score
Hi fellas! Do any of you have the loiter jacket? I’m interested in the tan/yellow houndstooth, and curious about the fit and how you’re wearing it (ie more like a blazer or outerwear?) Thanks!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi fellas! Do any of you have the loiter jacket? I’m interested in the tan/yellow houndstooth, and curious about the fit and how you’re wearing it (ie more like a blazer or outerwear?) Thanks!

I’ve got three Loiter jackets. I had to size down on each, even with recent weight gain. They seem thinner, breezier and less substantial than the others, ideal for my hot, hot state. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by outerwear, but as blazers worn over a button down, they’re pretty great.

You can google around for some different looks as far as fit/regular size vs sizing down goes. I just wouldn’t size up.

kbrenns

Reaction score
I’ve got three Loiter jackets. I had to size down on each, even with recent weight gain. They seem thinner, breezier and less substantial than the others, ideal for my hot, hot state. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by outerwear, but as blazers worn over a button down, they’re pretty great.

You can google around for some different looks as far as fit/regular size vs sizing down goes. I just wouldn’t size up.
Thanks very much! Appreciate your input. The one I’m looking at is this - I guess my distinction b/w a blazer and outerwear is kind of nonsensical but this just seems more like a coat than a blazer:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks very much! Appreciate your input. The one I’m looking at is this - I guess my distinction b/w a blazer and outerwear is kind of nonsensical but this just seems more like a coat than a blazer:

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I don’t care for that look as much. The first thing I do is try to widen the (somewhat thin) lapels and press them down into more of a 3 roll 2. I do this with the Dayton overshirts as well.

kbrenns

Reaction score
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I don’t care for that look as much. The first thing I do is try to widen the (somewhat thin) lapels and press them down into more of a 3 roll 2. I do this with the Dayton overshirts as well.
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks again, appreciate it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads