• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
That vest is sick. Go TTS on the painters. I can’t compare them to other pants this season because I haven’t tried anything else on.

I’ll echo this on the painter pants. I have the navy pair and the cord fatigues from this season and would say that the painter pants are a bit more relaxed. I’m 6’1/185 and went with a medium and was really pleased with the fit. I would not size down. I’ve got a photo of both over in the show us how you thread if you want to compare them.

dvsldt

Reaction score
Well, how do you deal with the waist, which fits pretty loose, if not sizing down by one? I am assuming you mean 185lbs, and in that case, that would made perfectly sense to go with the Medium. My advice is to refer to eshops that provide full measurements, you can’t go wrong with that.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also plugging that Hoka x EG drop again before I take off for the weekend. If you'd like to secure your size for sure, hit me at [email protected] or DM me here - I'll be out of the shop and won't be on SF as much as usual but I want to make sure my people who want the shoes are able to get their size without much of a struggle.

Let me know! To those of you I've already spoken with I'm going to hit you back right now.

Shingles

Reaction score
Do the sport coats fit as terrible as AW18? Andover jacket, Bedford, New Bedford jacket etc.

shopcanoeclube: Great youtube video, pants fit you very well. How tall are you and what sizes in the pants do you wear?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do the sport coats fit as terrible as AW18? Andover jacket, Bedford, New Bedford jacket etc.

shopcanoeclube: Great youtube video, pants fit you very well. How tall are you and what sizes in the pants do you wear?
Thanks so much! Glad those are helpful. I'm around 6' 1" ish and 165-170lbs. Hope that helps. I'm wearing a size S in mostly all of the pants I believe. May have sized up to a M in the Andover pants.

trackday_bro

Reaction score
MVIMG_20190904_183619.jpg

Picked up the field shirt jacket in 20oz melton wool from BlackBlue the other week! It's gonna see a lot of wear

thomasB

Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub curious if you guys are expecting another EG delivery this fall yet? I cant remember if this was mentioned here already or not

besbesbes

Reaction score
Hey guys. Want to share my thoughts on EG x Barbour Upland jacket I just received from TBB.
It is not really noticeable, but minus the massive hood it really is a classic sport coat (EG Baker jacket basically) made from waxed cotton with lots of snap buttons throughout.
As expected, the sizing is huge, I went one size down from my regular EG outerwear size and got a piece that really is fitting like a jacket, rather then outerwear. Meaning I can layer a shirt and probably a sweater underneath, but not other jacket.
In terms of insulation it is really warm due to heavy cotton lining. Wearing it indoors make me sweat.
A very nice piece overall. Love it so much!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub curious if you guys are expecting another EG delivery this fall yet? I cant remember if this was mentioned here already or not
Yeah absolutely. I'm still waiting on a couple of shirts, all of my outerwear, and a hoodie or two. Hopefully soon!!

maregmareg

Reaction score
Hey guys. Want to share my thoughts on EG x Barbour Upland jacket I just received from TBB.
It is not really noticeable, but minus the massive hood it really is a classic sport coat (EG Baker jacket basically) made from waxed cotton with lots of snap buttons throughout.
As expected, the sizing is huge, I went one size down from my regular EG outerwear size and got a piece that really is fitting like a jacket, rather then outerwear. Meaning I can layer a shirt and probably a sweater underneath, but not other jacket.
In terms of insulation it is really warm due to heavy cotton lining. Wearing it indoors make me sweat.
A very nice piece overall. Love it so much!
would be great if you could share a fit pic!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads