• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

blue peter

Reaction score
Ah, how about the patchwork blazer in chestnut cord?

Beedub

Reaction score
The chestnut cord Bedford sold out immediately at Mr Porter when it dropped and there was no sign of it in Nepenthes London when I visited yesterday- looks like it might be the piece this season to grab as soon as you see it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A word on Dayton shirts: for those on the fence (I was on the fence) they’re pretty awesome. If wilder, cultural norm -breaking patterns are a concern, there is a built-in plausible deniability (“It’s just an overshirt!”). For those who usually prefer blazers (me), you can fold the collar down into cool little blazer-ish lapels. It’s not exactly a blazer, and it’s not exactly a shirt. It exists in that liminal space also inhabited by Reese’s peanut butter cups. All in all, they’re much cooler than anticipated. I am a fan, a new fan.

havensk

Reaction score

Here's our first shipment. Shown on so you can see kind of how it all lays this season.
I'm wearing size L in tops and S in pants - I believe didn't switch any sizing on pants. I'm around 6' 2" and 175lbs ish

Let me know if you're looking to pick anything up as I won't have it published online for a couple of days still!
[email protected]

I had no idea you guys had a YT channel. This is super helpful to see everything on an actual person.

Also the painter pants look super super awesome.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@havensk appreciate you!! when i wore em for the vid i had to snag the black ones. wearing them now. but yeah I'm glad it's helpful! We've found it to be a little more helpful than photos. The way EG sits on the body is so important so I'm into this format, too, personally.

grayfox

Reaction score
Serge wool nb jacket. It's a lot thinner than I thought and feels more wearable. If I have to get one thing this season this might be it. I imagine I'd get a lot of wear out of it in the cold mornings/rainy evenings/transitional season, and even the winter. It'd be a good piece to take over for the wtaps canvas shirt jacket I get a lot of use out of but don't really enjoy wearing so much anymore.

Me tryna justify 6 bills on a jacket ^

20190802_173120.jpg

Last edited:

blue peter

Reaction score
in case anyone's interested - i just called nepenthes re the vans release on the 9th and they said "not sure about phone orders yet, call back on the 10th." half sizes up until 11.5, then 12 and 13.
+
sorry to ask the age old "fit question" but can anyone guess how these will run? i'm roughly a 12.5 on the brannock, size up or down? cheers!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in case anyone's interested - i just called nepenthes re the vans release on the 9th and they said "not sure about phone orders yet, call back on the 10th." half sizes up until 11.5, then 12 and 13.
+
sorry to ask the age old "fit question" but can anyone guess how these will run? i'm roughly a 12.5 on the brannock, size up or down? cheers!

So they’ll only be available through Nepenthes? Feels like I already lost...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m just going to buy two pairs of regular Vans and mix and match. What am I missing?

El QUaG

Reaction score
+

Size up if you can mate. Go 13 which probably as big as they will release.

Even if a little big on the feet, you can wear socks (hidden or otherwise) to make up for any slippage.

I've had them in sizes 8.5, 9 and 9.5 over the last few years. Quality of build in the past couple years has been really good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics