• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always liked it when Gary started a seasonal thread. After all, retailers have easier access to lookbooks and can provide some historical reference. Did it benefit him disproporationally, given that there is (was?) a Drinkwater's thread. Possibly a little but most of us who buy EG know that there's never enough of the "hot" pieces to go around, and we all have go-to retailers. (For me, in Europe, it's Bureau and Kafka).

Anyway, looking forward to F/W as I don't really care for EG's spring/summer stuff. I find it not particularly adaptable to my work wardrobe and on summer weekends I'm in T-shirt and shorts 90 percent of the time.

zunker

Reaction score
holy **** man, take a deep breath or two and go for a walk or something
Did that and I think my point still stands. I come on here to talk about EG and it’s annoying when I’m being sold new balance trainers in a less than transparent way. I’ll shut up now and leave you to it though.

Chunsak

Reaction score
I've always had a good experience with canoe club and I've enjoyed their participation on this site. I believe that is a link to all their EG so once their FW line comes I'm sure it will show up through that link.

One thing I do like about the past EG threads though is having the full look book in the intro posts. It makes it a nice way to look at the collection without having to view them in a slideshow with ads through Vogue or something like that.

As far as FW19, looking forward to the new shooting vests and what looks like a black/purple floral Jacquard pattern
00017-engineered-garments-menswear-new-york-fall-19.jpg

00020-engineered-garments-menswear-new-york-fall-19.jpg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Chunsak I can definitely see you pulling off that first fit. those cords :colgate: also good call on the photos - i tried my best to make up for the lack of grace in starting the thread by at least plugging those in

Last edited:

schuermang

Reaction score
I've always had a good experience with canoe club and I've enjoyed their participation on this site. I believe that is a link to all their EG so once their FW line comes I'm sure it will show up through that link.

One thing I do like about the past EG threads though is having the full look book in the intro posts. It makes it a nice way to look at the collection without having to view them in a slideshow with ads through Vogue or something like that.

As far as FW19, looking forward to the new shooting vests and what looks like a black/purple floral Jacquard pattern
View attachment 1176676
View attachment 1176677

Aw lawd if they make an aviator of that jacquard print I’ll instacop

Beedub

Reaction score
I’m glad that the patchwork stuff is continuing. I still need to get some from the current season...

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^wish I could get my wife to try FWK. It always looks great. (She tried on one of the Golden Bear collab motos about 10 years ago but didn't think it was worth the $1k price...)

Also I'm happy about any jacquard -- one of my favorite EG pieces is the snap cardigan from 5-6 years ago. I have it in the brown jacquard but it also came in a blue, which sold out pretty fast.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

grayfox

Reaction score
Hahahaha I appreciate y’all. Also, because of one of the EG threads I got a pair of AF1s and I love wearing them with my workaday fatigues. Will be perfect to go with all the fall kops
Damn I had brought that up and am still really considering it haha, show me some fit pics!

maregmareg

Reaction score
Hahahaha I appreciate y’all. Also, because of one of the EG threads I got a pair of AF1s and I love wearing them with my workaday fatigues. Will be perfect to go with all the fall kops
good move, all white af1 + workaday fatigues in either navy or olive is one of my favourite combos since a long time

why are you apologizing? **** this guy
word. I will never ever understand what is wrong with plugging some webstore links (especially with discount codes) on a ******* fashion related forum, how are we going to get our stuff? make it ourselves?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads