• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So...

I know a lot of you are fans of the 19th century shirt. I just received my first one. Unfortunately, the side side gaps means my waist pops out whenever I raise my arms. (You can almost hear a kind of Looney Toons sound when this happens). It’s not a good look for me, a newly chubby man. :facepalm:

Do you in-shape people experience this as well? I got the right size; I’m hoping it might go away if I can improve my shape.

Abrowne

Reaction score
It’s extremely cheap to have a tailor move the buttons as well.
Maybe, but really think about that statement.... That wouldn't make it past QC in Uniqlo let alone EG which is 10x more expensive. It's hand finished which granted could have more human error but in no way should be accepted by an end consumer. I mourn the days of Daiki at WWM.

jlchau

Reaction score
If you really want it fixed, you can contact Nepenthes NY and they can look into it. I had an issue with my hummingbird aviator when I got it from Bodega and they offered to fix it for me for free. Just had to send it in and got it back a couple weeks later.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
So...

I know a lot of you are fans of the 19th century shirt. I just received my first one. Unfortunately, the side side gaps means my waist pops out whenever I raise my arms. (You can almost hear a kind of Looney Toons sound when this happens). It’s not a good look for me, a newly chubby man. :facepalm:

Do you in-shape people experience this as well? I got the right size; I’m hoping it might go away if I can improve my shape.

I’m a big fan of the 19cBD and I just wear a tucked in undershirt to prevent this.

grayfox

Reaction score
So...

I'm in between sizes and I go with the larger size cuz this also bothers me, ha.

maregmareg

Reaction score
If you really want it fixed, you can contact Nepenthes NY and they can look into it. I had an issue with my hummingbird aviator when I got it from Bodega and they offered to fix it for me for free. Just had to send it in and got it back a couple weeks later.
I just returned the shirt, sending to Nepenthes NY would be too much of a struggle considering I’m from Poland, EU.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...

I had a tailor add some extra fabric to the gusset area of one for this reason. Kind of looked weird though. Ended up just wearing it tucked in with higher rise pants.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Sizing on SS20 shirts is looking insanely large:

Model is 6'3 wearing an XS, which is 21.75" P2P. A medium is 24" P2P.

maregmareg

Reaction score

The inseam measurement :'(
EG back with cropped fitting trousers for summer? Please no, seriously, ffs

Sizing on SS20 shirts is looking insanely large:

Model is 6'3 wearing an XS, which is 21.75" P2P. A medium is 24" P2P.
I wonder who would ever consider trying on XS being a 6'3 guy, anyway, I'll go with my true size as every season. I'm 6'0 and size M always works very well.

grayfox

Reaction score
Will probably try size S this season in the pants (sizing up compared to fw19). Been eyeing the FA in navy.

Last edited:

grayfox

Reaction score
To be fair the XS camp shirt looks weird on the model lol

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
EG back with cropped fitting trousers for summer? Please no, seriously, ffs

I wonder who would ever consider trying on XS being a 6'3 guy, anyway, I'll go with my true size as every season. I'm 6'0 and size M always works very well.

I've always gone with a medium as well, but that was when they were like 21-21.5" P2P. I'll be swimming in a 24" P2P shirt.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry, obligatory rant: these work out to $415 shipped. For cotton ripstop tent material!

2BFA141E-1BC2-45C1-AA09-DAF6C2960867.jpeg

This is an actual sturdy ripstop tent by REI. It costs $175! For the same cost, you could buy two of them, have a place to live, and cut the other into nice SS-colored pantaloons for you *and* a friend, plus have monies left over for a nice dinner and cab.

Damnit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics