• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L
Are loiters true to size?
They seem to fit at least a size larger than tagged, sometimes two. I’ve got four, all summer jackets from different years. I wear a L to XL in EG. My Loiters are size Small (!!!) to Medium.

(In the Smalls I have, there is minimal difference in the chest between sizes, at least in the online measurements I found).

maregmareg

Reaction score
Are loiters true to size?
For me they’re true to size without a doubt. They are made to fit boxy and this makes them best EG jacket for layering.
I stick to never sizing up or down in EG tops and it always works for me very well.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
View attachment 1282385

THE BAKER JACKET: Red-headed stepchild of EG’s line-up? Webby stores seem to feature them less and less. The resell value of the Bedford soars, while Baker owners can often be seen huddled together on street corners, gritting their teeth and yelling at one another to please buy their jackets.

The design seems neither here nor there. What happened to its demon luster?

View attachment 1282374

“Where did my dollars go?”

View attachment 1282376

“That Bedford looks nice...”

View attachment 1282375

“Fuck you!”

Wow, really? I suppose I am in the minority, but imo the Baker is the strongest blazer / casual jacket in the EG line up.

Why? Because it's the perfect mix between something formal (Andover) and something casual (Bedford/Loiter). For years, they produced it in a variety of prints that simply wouldn't work on something like a Bedford or Andover so they typically ended up on a Baker or Dayton. The jacket has just enough form to wear over a button up shirt in a business setting, but enough casualness to be thrown over a tshirt and shorts. It's really the perfect hybrid blazer that bridges the casual EG fits with the more "put together" fits.

Give it a try if you see one floating around on Grailed - they tended to fit TTS.

maregmareg

Reaction score
L

They seem to fit at least a size larger than tagged, sometimes two. I’ve got four, all summer jackets from different years. I wear a L to XL in EG. My Loiters are size Small (!!!) to Medium.

(In the Smalls I have, there is minimal difference in the chest between sizes, at least in the online measurements I found).
Mind sharing a pic? I need to understand how that is even possible without having a t-shirt length arms on this jacket.
I just blindly buy my true size in Loiters and it works perfectly.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing a pic? I need to understand how that is even possible without having a t-shirt length arms on this jacket.
I just blindly buy my true size in Loiters and it works perfectly.

05B7C085-F95C-4800-B905-C14F3C7C24B2.jpeg

3A3BCE8F-77F7-490A-BC26-7910BB93D75D.jpeg

36E62C03-F3EB-4201-A6B4-0A6816736310.jpeg

A38C5360-A03E-442B-A67D-E306C2C62DF8.jpeg

DF86CBE4-EC74-41B1-91E0-9678A0D297DA.jpeg

E09DB5B1-B4EE-4565-9AE1-038D37A1A8B7.jpeg

Sure. This is the most extreme example. For reference, I’m 5’8 and a half (that half is important!) and mostly wear XL in Bedfords. After getting married, I ballooned from 165 to 195 lbs in this pic. This is a Small in the post imperial collab.

I used to be the same size as tir, who wears a Medium on his web site. Googling the only measurements I could find, it looks like there’s only about a half inch (one inch all the way around) difference in chest sizes (that possibly jumps up to a 1” difference in XL, can’t remember).

I have a Medium in three other summer Loiters that look the same as above. I’m expecting a baggier fit as I work my way back to fighting weight :embar:

Again, I’m 5’8, though.

noob in 89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, really? I suppose I am in the minority, but imo the Baker is the strongest blazer / casual jacket in the EG line up.

Why? Because it's the perfect mix between something formal (Andover) and something casual (Bedford/Loiter). For years, they produced it in a variety of prints that simply wouldn't work on something like a Bedford or Andover so they typically ended up on a Baker or Dayton. The jacket has just enough form to wear over a button up shirt in a business setting, but enough casualness to be thrown over a tshirt and shorts. It's really the perfect hybrid blazer that bridges the casual EG fits with the more "put together" fits.

Give it a try if you see one floating around on Grailed - they tended to fit TTS.
Damn it, that’s pretty convincing. I may have to try one out. :lol:

maregmareg

Reaction score

Sure. This is the most extreme example. For reference, I’m 5’8 and a half (that half is important!) and mostly wear XL in Bedfords. After getting married, I ballooned from 165 to 195 lbs in this pic. This is a Small in the post imperial collab.

I used to be the same size as tir, who wears a Medium on his web site. Googling the only measurements I could find, it looks like there’s only about a half inch (one inch all the way around) difference in chest sizes (that possibly jumps up to a 1” difference in XL, can’t remember).

I have a Medium in three other summer Loiters that look the same as above. I’m expecting a baggier fit as I work my way back to fighting weight :embar:

Again, I’m 5’8, though.
Wow this works very well, that post imperial collab Loiter looks great on you.
This is again a proof that sizing is a very subjective thing.

stevenkmason

Reaction score

Again, I’m 5’8, though.
You got a hell of a tan before the last picture too.

besbesbes

Reaction score
I have got this post imperial collab as well, and I went with my regular size L (I am 6’4) and it is def one size bigger than I usually wear. But given the wild nature of the jacket that is quite allright overal.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Any Madison Parka fans here? My wool diagonal one is hands down my favourite EG piece I ever owned (this might change when I finally get my hands on that old Over Parka with extendable "skirt"), simple design with lovely oversized fit, feels like wearing a house made of very soft wool. This thing can accomodate everything underneath, even my EG x Uniqlo colarless coat fits perfectly under the parka.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Any Madison Parka fans here? My wool diagonal one is hands down my favourite EG piece I ever owned (this might change when I finally get my hands on that old Over Parka with extendable "skirt"), simple design with lovely oversized fit, feels like wearing a house made of very soft wool. This thing can accomodate everything underneath, even my EG x Uniqlo colarless coat fits perfectly under the parka.
For someone in between sizes, size down i guess?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40