Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. robin

robin Senior member

2. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

^^Any us stockist on that?

3. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

I just got my $89.98! EG x LVC 1947's in the mail and they are raw unwashed denim. Luckily I bought the right size raw. By the way Levis has posted them back up at regular price $235 along with a '54 model. I could be wrong but it looks like they used a different dye. The only other detail that Levis didn't mention on the site was that the Engineered Garments name is printed throughout the inside of the jean.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146846.2929279

could you please comment on the sizing for the EG x Levi '47 jeans? would you recommend sizing up/down or true? thanks

4. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Senior member

I just picked up a pair of EG tapered selvedge jeans and am surprised there is so little written about them on here and SuFu. I've only had the jeans 3 days but so far I'm extremely impressed by their fit and construction quality.

Does anybody have any experience with these or any other EG jeans (not counting their team-up with Levis)? I'm interested to see how they wear over time ...

5. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I can't speak for how the jeans wear over time, but I just picked up two pairs and they are amazing! I got the tapered cut selvage ones...fit is top notch and they feel sturdy as hell.

Speaking of EG jeans and where I got them...a little PSA. If anyone is in the LA area, American Rag Cie on La Brea is having a 75% off (select items) sale!
    I came out with the mentioned EG denim for $47 a piece out the door. Even in the jeans sucked (which they most probably do not) that is still a steal! Last I checked (this past Friday) American Rag had a truck load of EG denim left. The OC American Rag (@ Fashion Island in Newport Beach) also has some, but not in the quantity of the LA store.

The downside to all this is that seeing as they had a load of EG denim left and it is all marked down 75%, I fear that they will not stock it in the future. The same thing happened to Kicking Mule (Japan) a season or two ago...

6. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Senior member

That's how I picked mine up as well, at the Newport Beach American Rag. I'm so stoked on the fit I'm planning on heading back tonight or tomorrow in the hopes they still have more. If they do, I'll most likely pick up another pair. The denim guy said these should wear really well and shouldn't stretch as much as an APC or anything so we'll see how it goes.

I took some pics the other night so I might try to upload them here if I get a chance ...

7. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

8. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Thanks for the tip on the EG denim. I picked up a pair at the American Rag in Newport Beach, and they're a steal for under $50. Made in USA, fairly slim, one-wash, lined along the waistband/back yoke, and it has what I can only describe as red piping on the inside of the hem and the fly. I don't think they're selvedge denim however, and they have a 4 button fly + waist button which = gigantic rise.

They also had a pair of PRPS raw in size 32 at 75% off. I was sorely tempted, but they were way too baggy through the legs (I think they were the New Fit?). Fantastic detailing on them though, and I might end up picking up a pair of Tight Fits sometime down the line.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Does anyone have the M in the Navy Nico Field vest? Was just curious what the armpit - armpit measurement was on the medium.

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I know with the tapered leg jeans they have it's white oak stuff. The stuff at amrican rag I've seen is awesome. they have broken twill, as well as the rest of the stuff. really underrated jeans.

11. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Looks like the ones I picked up are made from broken twill denim. Is there such thing as broken twill selvedge? They don't have a selvedge line.

I'm kind of curious to see how they'll drape after some wear.

12. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

Can anyone clarify the source of manufacture for the EGxLevi collab??? On the front page of the Collection on the Levi site, it says "Crafted in the USA," but then in the description for each piece, most say "Country of Origin: Imported"

13. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Senior member

The ones I picked up in Newport are selvedge but otherwise sound very similar to the ones you got, Skunkworks.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Ian's put up another shipment of goods:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Belted Cardigan $439
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The return of the Poncho:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elsewhere, pics of the banded collar shirt:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. robin

robin Senior member

^ I tried on that poncho yesterday and it was ridiculously fun. I would never wear it out in a city setting, but I liked it a lot.

The organic denim engineer jacket was nice too, but that's a lot of denim for me. Was very stiff, but definitely a 1 rinse. I'll be picking up the cardigan today, and it was better than what I was expecting.

They got in some other things too...