Engineered Garments FW08

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by timpoblete, Feb 1, 2008.

1. wiru

wiru Senior member

hejfina has herringbone fyi there are quite a few pieces that show up under the "clothing" category but not the "brand" category

2. JOA

JOA Senior member

What, if any, US stores carry the 19th C. BD in White Oxford cloth?

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Field Vest w/ wool herringbone lining [​IMG] [​IMG] this will be great for fall.

4. irbe

irbe Senior member

Who carries the duffle online?

Hejfina sells it in the Hbone.

5. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Here you go. More than meets the eye: http://www.hejfina.com/catalogsearch...neered&x=0&y=0 They apparently have the Clicker Jacket, Classic Plaid Shirt, Chalk Stripe Andover, Duffle, and Charcoal Chalkstripe Cinch Pants that don't show up under the "by designer" sort.

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Tried on some EG jackets today at Barneys. Unfortunately, I seem to be between Medium and large. Large is just a little too big with longer sleeves and medium is just a little too small with pulling at the top button. [​IMG]

8. robin

robin Senior member

Tried on some EG jackets today at Barneys. Unfortunately, I seem to be between Medium and large. Large is just a little too big with longer sleeves and medium is just a little too small with pulling at the top button. [​IMG]
    As long as the shoulders fit fine, it's easy to get everything else tailored.

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Yea. I suppose I can. I will probably score the one you got robin if I can find it in L. I will post pics and maybe get some critiques from the members and see how it goes. It is kind of nerve racking taking a $450 jacket to a tailor who might screw it up. Are these procedures typically difficult? I am in NYC 6-7 days a week so I doubt it would be hard to find a good tailor.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Yea. I suppose I can. I will probably score the one you got robin if I can find it in L. I will post pics and maybe get some critiques from the members and see how it goes. It is kind of nerve racking taking a $450 jacket to a tailor who might screw it up. Are these procedures typically difficult? I am in NYC 6-7 days a week so I doubt it would be hard to find a good tailor.

definitely post pics and tell us what you think of them. i am interested.

11. Chip

Chip Senior member

I just got my $89.98! EG x LVC 1947's in the mail and they are raw unwashed denim. Luckily I bought the right size raw. By the way Levis has posted them back up at regular price $235 along with a '54 model. I could be wrong but it looks like they used a different dye. The only other detail that Levis didn't mention on the site was that the Engineered Garments name is printed throughout the inside of the jean. http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146846.2929279

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I just got my $89.98! EG x LVC 1947's in the mail and they are raw unwashed denim. Luckily I bought the right size raw. By the way Levis has posted them back up at regular price $235 along with a '54 model. I could be wrong but it looks like they used a different dye. The only other detail that Levis didn't mention on the site was that the Engineered Garments name is printed throughout the inside of the jean.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146846.2929279

Wow. I was skeptical about it, but if it's the real deal, what a steal!

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Mine should be here tomorrow. I tried them on yesterday at bloomies and they were retailing for $235.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Belted Cardi (The dark version is available at August)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Grey and Brown Diagonal Wool
    (for those waiting on the brown parka from Gary. BTW, Gary said that manufacturing of the parkas has completed will hit the shelves very soon)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Apparently the Windbreaker folds down into a pouch
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. robin

robin Senior member

^ Like the windbreaker. I wonder if Daiki will ever get into doing technical outdoor wear.

Edit: The price is kind of steep at 26,250 yen. Hopefully it will be much less here.

Edit: And 71,400 yen for the belted cardigan... it had better be awesome at that price.