• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Ha! Lewis Hine photographs! I knew it!

Dude, your attitude is annoying.

Okay, we get it. You trying to show that you are smart and jaded. You've been around the block a couple of more times than anyone else. You're not taken in by the hype. Enough already.

I would be okay with your negative attitude, except that you seem to have nothing to contribute other than shrill and uninsightful criticism.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Haha. About time Max got frowned upon by the original SF EG fanboy(a.k.a the man whose WAWYT shots in an Engineer jacket helped drag us all into this).

wiru

Reaction score
in japan now, and the people at the nepenthes store were nice enough to give me a copy of the f/w lookbook. don't have any way of getting the pictures onto a computer, but thought everyone would like a rundown of what's in it

outerwear(ish) - engineer jacket, bedford (in cashmere), ground jacket (looks parka-esqe), shop coat (3/4 length), chesterfield, lab coat (exactly what it sounds like), storm coat (w fur collar), shawl collar pea coat, fireman jacket (looks like a different design), field parka, nylon windbreaker. no norfolk, but maybe it's just not in the lookbook.

the andover suit is shown in 3 different fabrics

knits- the belted cardigan from the cdfa show, zip front hoody, shawl collar cardigan, turtleneck, zip argyle cardigan

and the usual shirts (work, band collar, 19th c bd, round collar), vests, pants. there's also a henley, a "rugby shirt," and jeans with black stitching. and suspenders.

the model is the long haired guy.

the staff said this season would be focused almost exclusively on workwear (not on "outdoor, trad, or sportswear").

the shop coat is listed as being in "wool denim." an oxymoronic cloth? will the production of this cause a rift in the fabric of space and time??

Reaction score
If Engineered Garments did some of their coats in a waxed cotton... branespload.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We need pics of that lookbook dude!
bounce2.gif

The knits sound amazing, and so does the outerwear. A cashmere bedford?
inlove.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also in regards to wool denim - it's a fabric that's usually about 89-90% cotton and 10-11% wool - Bradmill's probably the largest mill that produces it and it's not uncommon down in Australia. It's also kind of surprising that not many denim companies have picked up the stuff though, as it's a nice fabric.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
If Engineered Garments did some of their coats in a waxed cotton... branespload.

QFT

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As you all know, I will post pics as soon as I get the OK from Angelo. It is usually about the same time as they post their web site pics. I do this in respect for the proprietary designs. I hope that anyone with the F/W08 look book pics will share them amoungst each other via e-mail and not post them here. Thanks!

Gary

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
F/W 08 seems so far away.
smile.gif

Their website is usually updated in June/July.

jgu

Reaction score
Is it too early to preorder the bedford in cashmere?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads