1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

2. IndependenceChi

IndependenceChi Well-Known Member

Hey Fella's,

Just wanted to drop in on the convo as some of our F/W12 buy has started to come in the shop. Just shirts and a scarf for now. PM, call the shop or email for pricing/info. Info@independence-chicago.com (312) 675-2105. (photos are just some quick snaps for you guys to see)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

^ those look nice! Fit doesn't look nearly as huge there as they did last FW when I tried a pair on at Nepenthes (I think that was the model). Damn it...I don't need more EG pants...

5. robin

robin Senior member

Jack Straw got in its first shipment, including the following from what I remember: landsdown jackets in some dark wool/denim fabric and corduroy (dark navy and olive) baker jackets in grey/red stripe and olive wool truman jacket in grey hb a long shop/mechanics type coat (not sure on the model name, picture below) plaid tab collar shirt couple of scarves I liked the Truman, but it fit me kind of oddly (maybe due to it just being tried on almost right out of the box). [​IMG] The long coat. I did not think I would like this one but it's kinda fun and drapey - could see myself getting it in sale season maybe. Next shipment should arrive around mid August. Other stuff: Some image previews: http://neposaka-news.jugem.jp/?eid=780 A big bag: http://engineeredgarments.jp/?eid=220 Oi Polloi has a couple of FW items up: http://www.oipolloi.com/shop/brand/engineered-garments Lots of other stores around North America and Europe received shipments this last week, so we'll probably see some more pictures show up online over the next few days.

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Liking that long jacket a lot. Anybody know what it's called?

Contrary to my initial impressions from the look book , this season is shaping up to be really good in my view. The chambray workshirt is the best I've seen in years, love the fabric and the fit is definitely nicer for me. Liked it so much I went back today and picked up a second one :). I so have an EG problem...I don't even want to count the total number of workshirts I have now.

7. alex99

alex99 Senior member

If you really like the shirt and wear it a lot, it's smart to get two. I'm kicking myself for not getting a second Navy/Rust workshirt from FW10 when it was on sale, since it is my favorite fall piece and is starting to pill up a little.

8. robin

robin Senior member

Yep, it's the shop coat. Another picture in a denim version here: http://kinknagoya.exblog.jp/17781649/

9. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

FYI

Today we will receive the following articles. If you care to purchase any of these, give us a call. 617-547-2067 International customers can reach us by email gary@drinkwaterscambridge.com

F2A0604 / Work Shirt / Indigo Denim Shirting XS > XL
    F2A0737 / Miner Shirt / Grey Heavy Vintage Chambray XS > XL
    F2F0538 / Desert Pant / Grey Vintage Cotton Herringbone 28 > 36
    F2F0648 / USN Pant / Khaki Ctn Whipcord 28 > 36
    F2H0815 / Scarf / Navy, Brown Flannel Plaid
    F2H0820 / Scarf / Red, Navy Wool / Cotton Viyella Plaid
    F2H1015 / Neck Tie / Navy, Brown Flannel Plaid
    F2H1020 / Neck Tie / Red, Navy Wool / Cotton Viyella Plaid
    F2H1066 / Neck Tie / Grey Wool Glen Plaid
    F2H1121 / Bow Tie / Khaki, Brown, Red Wool / Cotton Viyella Plaid
    F2H1127 / Bow Tie / Antique Cotton Herringbone
    F2X01X3 / Double Faced Pocket Square / Grey Paisley / Glen Plaid Print
    F2X01X4 / Double Faced Pocket Square / Navy Paisley / Glen Plaid Print
    F2X02X2 / Double Faced Scarf / Navy Paisley / Polka Dot Print
    F2X02X3 / Double Faced Scarf / Grey Paisley / Glen Plaid Print
    F2X02X6 / Double Faced Scarf / Navy Polka Dot Houndstooth Print

I am in route to NYC for our buying of S S13. Stephen is holding down the fort, so you can direct questions to him while I'm away. Our official first day of our Summer Sale is Saturday, July 28th. However, we will extend Sale prices to anyone who calls us before that date.

10. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

12. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Senior member

Just talked to Joel at Independence - think I might go pick this shirt up today!
    gonna rock it with left field chinos

Hey Fella's, just wanted to drop in on the convo as some of our F/W12 buy has started to come in the shop.  Just shirts and a scarf for now.  PM, call the shop or email for pricing/info.  Info@independence-chicago.com (312) 675-2105. (photos are just some quick snaps for you guys to see)
    [​IMG]

13. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

really stoked to see the fw12 workshirts having the measurements that worked perfectly for me again. i think i'm going to pick up another blue chambray just to put in the rotation... i literally wear this thing everyday. wish they would do the workshirt in the grey vintage chambray rather than the brown one.

how do you guys like the miner shirts? i love the pocketing and have been wanting to try out one of those as well.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

lawlercon - I'm guessing you'll love the workshirts this season, fit is so much better for me this season, I'm wearing a FW12 blue chambray today and it's just perfect. The heavy vintage chambray, which I've seen called grey, is definitely on the brown side of things...is there a true grey in that fabric? That one fits just a little bit slimmer than the blue chambrays this season, but not a big difference.

As far as miner shirts go, I have one in a blue chambray from last FW season and I really like it. Nice change from the workshirts and the pocket setup is pretty useful. I wear it a lot and while I still prefer the workshirts overall, it's nice to have one in the rotation and I wouldn't mind getting another one of these days.

what season is that workshirt you have on from?

15. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Posted this in the SS12 thread. Considering getting one for FW.

[​IMG]

16. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

First shipment of FW12 priced and ready to go at Drinkwater's! (Sorry I squeezed it into one small pic, detailed shots available upon request) Shipment included USN Pant, Desert Pant, Indigo Denim Workshirt, Heavy Grey Chambray Miner Shirt, and assorted scarves, pocket squares, neckwear. See Gary's POST a few ahead of mine for the specifics. I'll be here to answer calls and/or PMs in his absence.

[​IMG]

17. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

just swung by Jack Straw on my lunch break and tried on the olive baker jacket. i liked the color and material, but i wasn't crazy about the fit. which was fine, i don't really need anymore f/w jackets

i really wanted the terry cloth bedford that i believe was last season. i thought that material worked really well for this style of jacket, but I came around late and never could find a medium. maybe it'll be back around in the spring.

jack straw said he didn't order many shirts this season, mostly jackets. i wanted to see a work shirt in person, the shirt tail seems pretty exaggerated.

18. slide13

slide13 Senior member

like the color on those USN pants. How is the fit on those this season? Price?

19. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Wow, totally just realized how washed out the color on my camera looks under this lighting (specifically on the USN pant, everything else looks close). Actually, refer to Gary's post HERE to see our selection for FW12. As noted, this is only our first shipment. This is a much truer image of the color of the USN Pant we're stocking (Khaki Cotton Whipcord) :

[​IMG]

$265, it's a slim, straight cut.

20. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Alright guys. I'll be sharing my Photobucket album for EG FW12. I'll put a link in my sig, but here it is now:

link: http://goo.gl/2sv3J

password = EngineeredGarments

2 people like this.