1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

2. palma

palma Senior member

Anyone?

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Just received my Bedford in the gray homespun jersey. I realize now that it is basically the most awesome cardigan ever. Given the weather in Cleveland this winter, that will come in handy. Thanks Drinkwaters.

1 person likes this.
  4. volatile

volatile Senior member

Fancy selling it?

5. workhorseblues

workhorseblues Senior member

It might be worth checking out a few army surplus stores if you just want something similar.

6. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Could've sworn somebody answered this. They're on sale at the Bureau Belfast.
    I tried it on when I went it for the sale. Absolutely amazing. Had my heart set on the trail parka, and my wallet wouldn't allow for both. Very jealous of you!

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I take it you picked up the trail parka then?

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

What's the deal with FWK? I know it's for women, but Are the pieces cut differently or just smaller? Not that many places buy xs me a pieces, but the smaller women's pieces are more readily available.

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

pretty sure they are cut differently. I've looked at a couple shirts at Nepenthes before and they definitely seemed to have a more feminine cut to them I thought. Don't know for sure though.

10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

That I did. It's pretty awesome. First EG piece and I'm seriously impressed.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I love those jackets, wearing my green one today. Don't really understand the snap and button pocket closure thing going on...actually a little annoying when I want to use those pockets...but whatever, the jacket is awesome. Love the herringbone lining, corduroy, trim, sleeve lining etc. Also the zipper pockets are very useful...I've even used the little sleeve one a few times for random things.

1 person likes this.
  12. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

^ easy to carry 7" tablets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I have a question about the USN pant sizing:

The only pair of EG pants I've ever tried on were desert pants from one or two FW seasons ago. Those pants were pretty high waisted, but fit me really well. Would those more familiar with EG pant sizing recommend a 32 in the USN pants as well, or would a 30 be a better fit? I'd prefer not to go for the oversized EG style fit, as I really like the slimmer look of these pants in fits I've seen. Any direction will be appreciated!

14. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Wish there was a size small available somewhere on sale!

15. deeman

deeman Active Member

Love this years parka. Havent had it off my back. Probably the best outerwear parka ive owned

16. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I've got the fw11 parka and totally agree. It was the first EG piece I got and I've been hooked ever since. I paid full retail and don't regret it at all.

17. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

I've tried FWK stuff and it is cut slightly different. They button up the same as men's though, left over right. Size 2 is more or less equal to XS.

18. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I couldn't tell you. I posted in this thread about 100 posts ago about that specific garment in an XL and somebody from Drinkwater's replied that they had. Perhaps one of the other affiliate vendors in this thread will be as kind to you.

19. minelee

minelee Well-Known Member

I have the FW11 Field Parka in black in a size medium for sale, if anybody's interested.

20. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I would agree with the previous comments on the shirting cut, but imho the jacket/coats are cut pretty much the same only smaller, most noticeable in the sleeve width.
    If you're skinny though it should work but if you're muscular then watch out as the bicep curl and back stretch will be challenging.