1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. lrph

lrph New Member

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

EG now on sale at Drinkwaters. I picked up the homespun jersey Bedford at 40% off.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

How do you even order anything from there? They have a blog?

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

call or pm gary.

if anyone know where i could find a grey wool andover in xs (or s) that'd be great.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

They do not work on Sunday. Hopefully Gary still browses the internet.

edit:
    They did not pickup the button scarfs from F/W '12 :(
    Trying really hard to not to proxy from Japan but it seems unlikely now

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Got hungry for the windbreaker. Anyone know where I can get it in a small or medium? Looked through a couple sites but no luck so far and Inventory only got XL left.
    To those of you who has it, what's your opinion on it? Was thinking of using it as a layering piece if I can still find it on sale but I guess I'm too late now..

7. catchh

catchh Senior member

I got it from Inventory right as they added it on, it was a must buy for me and one of my favorite items from the collection. Its very lightweight but keeps you warm cause of the nylon fabric. I'm sure they will make it again though as they are doing SS ones also.

Try here it says on sale but doesn't say what size: http://frenchgarmentcleaners.com/mens/

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

how did the andover fit this season? i'm thinking i'd need an xs based on measurements, but want to be sure.

9. the year 1492

the year 1492 Senior member

I picked it up in both heather grey and glen plaid wool. This season's andover is one of my favorite cuts of any jacket ever. I think it fit pretty true to size, but I know some people around here felt that it was a little bit trim, and if I remember reading right, suggested sizing up. I guess it comes down to personal preference and how much layering you plan to do, but I'd suggest going with your regular size.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Getting that denim jacket in the mail tomorrow in a large. I have no clue how it's gonna fit me, first EG piece. 5'7 180lbs.

11. workhorseblues

workhorseblues Senior member

Received the olive Baker the other day, fantastic jacket!

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i'm kicking myself for not realizing how nice it is until now. if yours are s or xs...sell to me.

13. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

I concur with staying true to size. The Navy Serge Wool Andover for me, was a good fit overall albeit a little long with sleeve length. Much better in terms of fit when compared with Baker and Truman.

So happy with this purchase as well. Half price from Inventory during their 24 hour boxing day sale last year. I got mine in medium navy and the fit is just perfect.

Can anyone confirm if jacket is supposed to be packable within the left upper front pocket? There's a double sided zipper on this pocket only which seems odd.

14. VCircuit

VCircuit Well-Known Member

I am 5'7 160lb and wear a medium in the S/S denim jacket, so it sounds ballpark. It is one of my favorite pieces of clothing. There is a lot of it you can't see in pictures, like how insanely well the interior is constructed.

15. sdedalus1

sdedalus1 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can pick up the FW12 Navy Polka Dot / Houndstooth Print Double Faced Pocket Square? I got the grey/brown one on sale at TBS, and really like it, now searching for the navy... Thx.

--have already contacted Mohawk, Context, Nepenthes, no dice.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  16. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Thanks alot catchh. Gonna drop them an email.
    You are correct there are windbreakers this SS season but they are cotton ripstop (http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/engineered-garments/engineered-garments-windbreaker.html) and I want the shine of the nylon. I was actually thinking of layering it under a Bedford or Truman and then wear the jacket unbuttoned but still be protected from the wind. Do you think it would be suitable for that?

Do you mind telling me the pit to pit measurements on your medium? Need to be pretty careful when I choose sizes cause I'm only 5'9" tall but got a chest almost like a large (41.3"). Thanks alot

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  17. catchh

catchh Senior member

I don't see why not, although it might be to warm to wear it all if its not cold enough. Here's a image if you want a example: although the colour is a bit off on it for some reason.[​IMG]

18. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Re the FW Windbreaker in Nylon--it's a great great piece. One thing that isn't evident in any of the pictures I've seen online--both pockets wrap around to the back and are double the size that they appear, and they both have two way zips. One is a huge long pocket and the other is split into two pockets. The higher ticket-ish pocket is also very deep. It's almost like a cargo windbreaker. Got it at TBS for a song after wanting it all season and I couldn't be happier with it. Been using it in the rain and it holds up great.

19. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Well, imho and dealing specifically with xs, this seasons andover compared to other FW's fit pretty much the same in the shoulders, a bit roomier in the chest, sleeves, body and considerably shorter in the sleeves and body length, a bit weird even, I'll try to take some pics but when I line it up to other fw andovers the sleeves area about 5/8" to 7/8" shorter and the body more like 1.25" to 1.75"shorter, really weird since the top buttons line up ok but the rest is off, chest and body is around 3/8" to 5/8" wider across too, sleeve width difference might be considered negligible but I can certainly feel it in the biceps.

180 lbs sounds a bit hefty for 5'7" so fit will depend if you're a muscular or pear shape frame,,, if muscular than it should be good in the chest/shoulders but the sleeves on a L might be a bit long for 5'7" (unless you have longer arms), the body length should be cool though since it appears to be a cropped cut.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Great. I power lift so I will fill out the shoulders and chest easily , we shall see about the arms!