• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

deeman

Reaction score
I also liked the look of the avaitor jacket. The price tag was too much for me tho

Went for the parka instead

cl smooth

Reaction score
If anyone's looking for an unworn shawl collar cardigan in a medium, PM me.

2b2dec9c_IMG_2242.jpeg

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got the olive shawl collar shirt jacket in from drink waters (thanks gary!) today.

it's an awesome piece. honestly, way better than i expected. i'll post quick fit pics tomorrow. fit is boxy and short and I'd say the shoulders are probably on the wider side. one internal pocket, contrast white stitching on the corners of the pockets, the metal buttons which seem to be on everything this season (I like them, but we'll see how they hold up). the wool is a nice rough fabric. feels very wwii reminiscent to me for some reason. :slayer:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

short jacket + long shirt tails = weird cockbib type of thing.

x post from waywt. EG jacket and shirt. not sure what season the shirt is, got it off the bay. but it's definitely ss.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look sharp!
love that material.
Being 6'4 I found that jacket too short in the body for me :(

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

look sharp!
love that material.
Being 6'4 I found that jacket too short in the body for me :(

thank you! yeah, it is shockingly short. i'm like 5'2" so it works for me, but for anyone of normal height it would be far too short.

workhorseblues

Reaction score
I would say go with your normal size on the serge Andover.

Anybody get the serge andover from this season? Would appreciate some help with sizing/measurements :)

On a side note I've got the Glen Plaid Andover for sale if anyone is interested.

Knight

Reaction score
I would say go with your normal size on the serge Andover.
On a side note I've got the Glen Plaid Andover for sale if anyone is interested.

Bad timing mate, i just bought my first andover jacket a couple days ago and would've considered yours.
I went on a Charcoal Glen Plaid spree and got the Andover Jacket, Cinch Pant, Cinch Vest Shawl Collar, and the Button Shawl. This is my first EG suit. For me personally im pretty excited. Funny enough The Bureau feature the same look on their blog.

workhorseblues

Reaction score
Nice purchase!

Bad timing mate, i just bought my first andover jacket a couple days ago and would've considered yours.
I went on a Charcoal Glen Plaid spree and got the Andover Jacket, Cinch Pant, Cinch Vest Shawl Collar, and the Button Shawl. This is my first EG suit. For me personally im pretty excited. Funny enough The Bureau feature the same look on their blog.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the 3 piece Andover in serge wool this week but won't get my hands on it for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
Has anyone seen both the black/charcoal and navy polka dot flannel shirt in person?

Are they both of a similar shade?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads