1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Cheers. I agree, was just hoping against my better senses really.

If anyone wants the black floral flannel in XL, pm me.

2. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Sorry for two posts in a row but this is nice. I was wondering how people wear the Dayton. Do you always just wear it as a mid layer or does it look good on it's own?

3. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

The Dayton's perfect as an outerwear piece in warmer temperature.

It's even better in the picture above as a layering piece. I layer even more in the fall/winter.

1 person likes this.
  4. alex99

alex99 Senior member

I do it for all my workshirts for the last 2 years. If you on the shorter side, it just makes sense. It's a really simple alt for my tailor, he just keeps the hemline the same so it does not change the look of the shirt. I only take off about an inch on front and back.

5. slide13

slide13 Senior member

So he matches the overall curve of the hem? Any pics? I like the EG fit overall but my SS11 chambray workshirt is crazy long and slim fitting. I like the slimness now that I've lost weight, but the length looks a little off.

6. astris

astris Senior member

I have the same issue and ss11 was the worst for the length/width ratio. So, I get some of my workshirts altered.

You're correct. Cut length off the bottom, blend in trying to retain original curve. Some tailors won't do it claiming it's too much work and won't look good. I was refused by two different tailors. My new tailor said no problem, charged $10 and you can't tell it was ever altered.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I just recently picked up my first couple of EG shirts. At 6'4", and this will come as no surprise, I love the length. They stay tucked in, if I am so inclined, and when not tucked in, they give my torso enough length to offset my long legs.

Overall, I will say that I am very impressed with the workmanship. If somebody were to say, I don't understand why you paid $175 (using full retail) )for that shirt when you could have the same shirt for $100 less at J Crew, there are at least items I could point to in the construction of the shirt that make it miles ahead of the J Crew product. Throw in all the interesting little design features (like a pencil pocket) and the difference becomes clear.

Can somebody explain the relationship between Nepthenes and EG?

Also, how come EG doesn't want its products sold online at Context, but seems to be okay with it at other online retailers?

8. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Briefly, there are a number of labels produced by nepenthes, the company, including eg, fwk, south2west8, needles, and now some clothes are being made under the nepenthes label. If you're in NYC definitely go to the nepenthes store on w 38th. It's a us/Japanese company, with most of the clothes being made in NYC. The s2w8 bags are made in Wisconsin. Daiki Suzuki is the head honcho.

9. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Not just made in NYC; it's made 2-3 blocks away from the store itself.

You can just imagine the intense quality control Daiki/the production team have over the entire process.

10. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Nepenthes is the father brand for all the clothing labels it owns. Eg, Needles, Nepenthes, south2west8, and they have a stake in barena (I think), mainland boots, owner operator, and some other brands.

For the Dayton, I love mine and wore it as a standalone piece last night. Stop posting in this thread guys I don't want the brand to get this much attention. (5)

11. zola

zola Senior member

Hi there,

I need some help (although there are tons of posts regarding sizing):

I am interested in the 2012 Whipcord Bedford Jacket.
    In Nigel Cabourn stuff I need a 52 and in most slimmer cuts a Large (shoulders).
    I bought a EG 2012 Baker Jacket this winter which I took in Medium and which is still a bit roomy, previous EG stuff fit well in L.
    The guy in the store told me that this years pieces are quite big.

So should I choose Large for the Whipcord Bedford Jacket?

Your help would be much appreciated..!

Thanks,
    J

12. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

really ?
    I have been buying EG for a long while , and the stitching is their real let down , mis-stitching , loose ends .. I like it , 'cause it adds to the whole work-wear look , slight imperfections ..

13. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

14. JOA

JOA Senior member

15. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Yeah, he matches the curve and uses the same color thread. I just picked up a workshirt from him yesterday. Here are some pics so you can see what I mean:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Anybody know if mac carrier xs?
    Emails bounce since apparently their mailbox is full (hope its not a sign of cs level)
    Or does indigo & cotton go below 25%?
    Tia.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Best to give MAC a call rather than through e-mail. They will be closed on vacation and putting their FW stock to warehouse until sometime next week (starting today or tomorrow).

18. ennui

ennui Senior member

MAC does not carry XS.

19. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Who is MAC?

Also, anybody have a line on the Bedford in the Grey Homespun Jersey in an XL?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013