Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

:( yeah it's been though, figure somebody would want to sell as black watch isn't as poplar this season. Enjoy it!

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

anybody tried the herringbone baker this season? i'm 5'11" and 170, think i should go with a medium?
    i bought a medium lansdown last season and ended up returning it, it was huge.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Today at Drinkwater's we received:

Shawl Collar Cinch Vest in Navy 20oz Melton XS>XL $265.00

Quilted Chesterfield Coat in Navy Wool Uniform Serge S>XL $675.00

Gary was also able to get his hands on some CPO shirts that weren't originally part of our order: Olive Wool Flannel S>L $360.00

As always, feel free to call us at the store (617) 547-2067 or PM Gary or myself with any questions or orders.

Thanks!

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

decided to give the EG x Golden Bear varsity a try. Ordered the navy/black one from Barneys (needed a place with easy returns, plus they have free shipping). Not sure it's going to work for me but I'm intrigued enough to give it a try. Length and fit will have to be spot on for me to keep it, but if it is it looks like it could be a pretty cool jacket. Will post thoughts once it arrives, but if anyone has one or has tried it on I'd be interested in hearing your impressions.

5. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I'm on the fence with this piece myself, the main sticking point being thickness. Hard to get a good idea of just how heavy it is. The guys at Inventory mentioned it was substantial but unlined. Nepenthes hinted that it might be on the lighter side which is a bit of a put off.

Also, thank you to those that chimed in on the CPO sizing and Camo Bedford availability.

6. the_state

the_state Senior member

Do you guys typically wear the same size jackets (blazers - not parkas) in EG as shirting?

7. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I usually wear a Medium in their shirts, but a Large in jackets (blazers) and outerwear. I'm 6'0, 185 for reference.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I also size up from shirts to jackets.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i used to size up but i think from 2010 or 2011, daiki shortened the arms in their shirts. im a 36 and normally took XS but now am a S in all jackets and shirts. chest-wise xs fits me better but the arms are too short (i have normal length arms, not monkey arms)

10. drgs

drgs Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the Field Parka (NyCo Ripstop)? I'm looking at the measurements -- why are the sleeves so long?

11. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Can anyone help me locate a North American retailer stocking Herrinbone Truman Jacket in size medium? Would appear plenty for sale in various EU stores (Start London, Garbstore) but the conversion rate is simply too high.

12. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I really like this season's navy wool denim fabric. So far I've seen it on the CPO shirt, Landsdown, Railroader Jacket, Bedford, and a cap. Anything else?

13. robin

robin Senior member

It has raglan sleeves, which probably accounts for a long sleeve measurement depending on where you're looking.

Jack Straw in Seattle had several in various sizes when I was last in a week ago, though I can't say for sure if a medium was still available. Have you called them yet to check?

So far there's also an upland vest and button shawl.

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I'll let you know how it is once it arrives. Looks like it's coming in tomorrow (surprisingly fast for a store that lists 7-10 days for standard delivery). Also, I think it's lined...all the pictures make it look like it's lined with a black cotton like fabric inside, but I could be wrong. I have no idea what the weight of the wool is, that is definitely something I'm curious to find out. I guess I hope it's a mid-weight fabric as I already have a thick wool Filson coat for when it's really cold, I need something for cool but not bitter cold days.

15. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

try nepenthes ny, i got my hb truman from them last month. it was $552 shipped.