Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Knight

Knight Senior member

Thanks for the info :)

Very true EG amassed an impeccable range of jackets. I did promise myself i will own a Bedford or a Truman at some point. I [personally] love the Lansdown jacket. Can't explain why though, it could be the versatility of it and it is slightly lined which adds a balance to the jacket. Again this is purely personal taste. But i cant keep buying the same jacket -- If i was to buy a more 'blazer' style jacket, which is idea The Bedford? or The Truman? Would you suggest anything else? Cheers.

2. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Last fall I bought the Olive Wool Bedford and wore it a lot; been eyeing the Indigo Melton at Odin but can't justify the 649.00.

3. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

yeah i want that as well,
    too expensive though

4. workhorseblues

workhorseblues Senior member

Would people recommend buying my regular EG jacket size in the Truman? I tend to be a size small in EG outerwear and I’m not sure if I should go with the Truman in size small or medium.

5. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

tried it on and I say TT EG size.

6. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Can anyone confirm how this year's CPO shirt fits? I usually go with a medium in most EG shirts, but an L in EG outerwear. I wouldn't mind being able to wear it over something else, but also don't want it to look sloppy big if I were to wear it as a shirt on its own. Maybe can't have both?

Also, does anyone know which US stockists have the navy wool camo Bedford? Seems a lot of spots overseas got it, but not so many in NA. I know Inventory has it but $650 + 13% tax. Am going to the US next week and was gonna see if I could have it shipped and save a hundred bucks.

edit: Also, which shops are carrying the Truman in Herringbone? Seems to be getting great reviews and would love to track one down in a Large.

edit: Also x 3 - anyone felt or handled the Varsity in person? Wondering how heavy it is.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  7. slide13

slide13 Senior member

CPO fits like a CPO shirt should when sized like EG shirting. In other words, I wear a large in workshirts and a large in the CPO was perfect to wear over said workshirts, just slightly larger than the standard shirt fitting. Hope that helps.

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I go same size as well in the CPO as it's already cut a bit larger/roomier.

Afaik, the navy wool camo bedford is carried in NA by nepenthes nyc, inventory in bc, and canvas in malibu,,, I've yet to drive up to malibu and check it out so if you happen to come across it while in the states please tie us your take on the fabric and fit.

9. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

TTS for the Truman.

Definitely the Truman over the Bedford. The Baker is a more trad blazer too.

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Picked up the indigo denim work shirt today and I must say no picture I've seen does it justice; a real beautiful deep indigo color. Truly pleased.

11. Knight

Knight Senior member

Awesome! thanks mate :)

12. Knight

Knight Senior member

I got the same shirt as well from Gary. I agree with you! its simply stunning, i was amazed by how light it feels...

Also for everyone else who reads this, I have a Tab collar shirt that i'm willing to sell, never worn. It's a size small from FW2012 > Black Floral Print > Flannel. If you guys are interested feel free to PM me for more information as well as pictures. I thought i'd pass this information on this thread first. If this is wrong i sincerely apologise. Cheers.

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Anybody know the stock of the bloomies in sf? Gonna check it out later this week I think...

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

This is a longshot but anybody have any blackwatch stuff from last season they want to part with? Still kicking myself for not getting the trousers when bureau had them on sale and waiting too long on the blazer... need m and 34

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i just got the blackwatch blazer from scott.m in the mail this week. holy shit dude, the fabric is insane. good luck on your search.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012