Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Yes, in my experience all the andover's I've owned or tryed on fit very slim in the torso and arms. I wouldn't advise sizing up though unless you are in between sizes in their stuff as the sleeves and body will be too long.

2. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

The Baker comes in Herringbone as well. haven't tried that one on.

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Yes, in my personal experience the andover is the slimmest of all the EG jackets.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  4. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

I'll third that the Andover is the slimmest of those three, but I think sizing up can work well if you want some additional length (just get the sleeves hemmed if they're too long). I wound up going from an S > M myself. The S lined Grey Homespun Jersey Bedford I tried on however was tiny, and even when I sized up to an M the fit was slim. The jersey fabric has lots of give and would probably stretch out after some wear, but I can't say for sure.

Aside from the pockets I don't think there's any real difference between the Baker and Truman. The Truman may have that cool fabric vent panel, but ultimately the jackets both have a double vent. Also worth pointing out is that both jackets have slightly more 'closed' lower quarters when compared to the Andover or Baker:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty subtle, but it's why I generally prefer the Andovers and Bedfords

5. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

Thanks! I feel like we've got some Engineered Garments scholars in this thread

6. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone seen in person or tried on the navy whipcord Bedford from this season?
    Impressions?

7. astris

astris Senior member

Bingo, socal, a couple blocks from the ocean. The S/S outwear is usually overkill for winters here.

8. Knight

Knight Senior member

Useful!! :) thanks for that [​IMG]

I wanted a Truman but for some reason got another Lansdown! [Navy wool serge].

Do most of you guys prefer the traditional 'blazer' style of jackets from EG or do most of you prefer the 'hybrid' ie a blazer that can be worn right down or dressed right up... Im just curious to know I've noticed this FW thread has talked a lot of Bedfords, Andovers, Bakers and the Truman. Educate me please? Cheers...

9. MyAcademy

MyAcademy Active Member

Ended up buying one in navy a few days ago.
    The whipcord is nice - I plan on using it as an all season piece with lighter shirts in the summer. Tried it on with a BB ESF and a crewneck for winter mode and had no issue buttoning it all up.
    I had heard that this season's Bedfords were maybe a little too short, but it ends about an inch above my knuckles - not a huge deal for a casual jacket in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

got my grey bedford from context. size small fits spot on for 36 chest and its a great piece. really wanted the truman but happy with this being my first bedford

11. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

well I think the discussion about the FW12 jackets is because EG really dropped a massive collection of jackets with little or no misses, and more variety than is apparent on a quick webstore browse.

as I mentioned some pages back, the Truman (esp in the herringbone) is a fantastic, fantastic piece. for me, however, I've got a lot of blazer-style jackets, and the more unique cuts like the Bedford would just get more wear.

12. boscogne

boscogne Member

Wondering what you all think of the new buttons on the Bedfords?

13. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    I had a chance to look at them at inventory the other day and found them to be as nice as previous iterations. They might become more interesting if he continues to offer these in future collections as being able to switch between different styles and colors would be a fun option.

14. tangential

tangential Senior member

^ Hard to tell from pics -- are they glossy plastic?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  15. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

i want a bedford, but all the way up to sz L felt too small in the shoulders.. couldn't even get my arms in the small, which is the one that would have fit in the rest of the body. L and XL were too long, M i could barely move my arms around