Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Blyndon

Blyndon Well-Known Member

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

hmmm...not finding the lookbook too exciting this season. I'm sure I'll end up loving some of the individual pieces, I always find some stuff I can't seem to pass up each season, but the overall look is just feeling a little plain to me. Maybe it's partly the b&w images but even the lines of everything seem pretty tame. I'll have to give it a second look in a little while and see if I warm up to it.

3. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

I'm not really feeling the lookbook, and I think B&W images was a bad choice too. That said, I'm really excited about a few of the individual pieces. I especially like those new metal loop closures on the Bedford

Wanted:
    Camo Bedford
    Navy 20z wool melton Truman or Bedford
    Quilted tropical pattern vest
    Brown floral 19th BD

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yeah, I noticed that on the Bedford too. I could definitely see myself getting another Bedford this season (looking forward to seeing what the fabric options are...already have whipcord and corduroy but it's my favorite jacket style ever pretty much) and I really want to see more of that mandarin collared stripe shirt, that looks cool.

5. mtre

mtre Senior member

Liking a couple of the jackets from what I can see. B&W images is a weird choice!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

6. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

7. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Honestly, I'm let down by the lookbook -- imho it pales in comparison to fw11. Is the full fwk lookbook out yet? The 3 shots we saw so far were way more inspiring.

I'm sure I'll love the individual pieces when I see them in full, and in color, but right now, the collection looks stiff, ill-fitting, and a bit too much of more of the same. And this coming from a HUGE eg fan.

8. robin

robin Senior member

FWK styling was more interesting http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2012fw/fwk.html

9. Blyndon

Agreed, I'm a HUGE fan too but each look does feel all too familiar. I have a feeling that the b&w pictures aren't helping at all. What few colour pictures that have been floating about are way more interesting and give a much better idea of the cloths used for each piece, which lets face it is the main differentiating factor each season. In point of fact the blue grey camo bedford looks great but the same cloth used in the look book for another jacket makes it look bland.

10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Yeah, FWK definitely looks better than EG this year. I don't think it's the clothes, just the styling of them and the way they were shot. And I too am a huge EG fan. Just find his look book uninspiring.

11. catchh

catchh Senior member

I think the no colour was done for a reason. To me the lookbook does not do justice to each individual item with or without colour in any season and maybe thats the reason it was done, to give us just a glimpse of whats to come. I'm sure even with colour a lot of people don't get the full feel of each item. By doing it in black and white it teases you enough to want to see more, to get excited to see each item in the full colour version on its own. Which makes sense as its quite the wait between when we see the lookbook and when the product hits the stores.

12. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I've seen and tried on almost all of the FW12 pieces.

To those who feel on the fence about the lookbook, I say hold your breath until you see the actual pieces for yourself in person.

Oh, and btw, what you see in the lookbook is only 55% of what is being released.

I said it in another EG topic and I'll say it again: I have my eyes on one outerwear piece that is really outstanding (which isn't in the lookbook).

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Can you comment on the fit of FW 12? I've been frustrated the past few seasons by the changes in sizing.

14. Blyndon

Care to tell us anything more about that outwear piece? ^^

15. robin

robin Senior member

Some fabric closeups (though they look a bit washed out with the flash) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]