Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Edd

Edd Senior member

agree with pretty much everything you say, definately less "must haves" if you have been into the brand from the early days. But the pricing really has increased quickly, it wasn't that long ago that the winter field parka was £325 in the UK, now they are £550!!, and the workshirts i remember were £105 which are now over £160. Were talking big % increases.

On a more positive note, i'm really liking the tab collar shirt matched with the courdroy jacket, any idea what style the jacket is?

2. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

Of course Timpoblete, I totally agree, the best way is to measure and/or try.

For an Italian customer this is not so easy, even if some good shop have start to take EG in the last few season, but for me I have about 200/300 km. to reach the most near to where I live!
    So most of my purchase was based on web shop and I have to say the measures the publish are not correct the most of the time.

By the way, I understand what you say Timpoblete, me too I have about any style of shirt in different fabrics and from different season and I have to say that each one is different form the other, none is coherent with the other, I'm a L perfect measured, but sometimes I must size up.

Example: the L size tab collar in check popeline of last winter collection, fit me perfectly.... but the floral tab collar of this summer is totally skinny in L size, so I have bought the XL in floral tab collar: but finally the XL is too large.... if you take the measures there's more than a size and half from L to XL!

Jackests are really weird: I have few Landsdown of the same size and all of them are different.
    I think the measures from a size to another is not correctly calculate: a Bedford in L is fit me very very tight, just go to XL and it is almost impossible to wear for what big is!

I think that EG got very high quality materials, wonderful design and I love the work of Daiki (wich in a couple occasion I have meet and I have discuss about this) but I think the pattern maker is not good as the designer.
    In my opinion, I think there must be a little bit more attention how the size increase and decrease, with particular attention to the sleeve length and how the sleeve are wide in the L and XL size.

Apart from this I think the quality is stunning and I have nothing to say about EG style and philosophy, me too like others guys here I have to note that the increasing of prices put me on the side to think a little bit more before to open my wallet this season.

I'm going in Tokyo next month and I really like to buy something, but after having seen the exchange of yen-euro I think I must wait to see how the items will be priced here in Europe, because the item I buy mor often season by season, like bedford, landsdown, parka and cruiser/mackinaw are really going up too much.

I hope USA/EU prices will be lower than the Japanese.

3. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

yes, you can use google translate to help fill out their forms and i paid using paypal. i sent them my address separately since they didn't really have fields for international orders. shipping (EMS) was kinda steep, 2000 yen or ~ $25. i guess the tax on some EG pieces would be more than $25 depending on where you live and what the piece is.

they included a hand written note thanking me for my order and recommended EG. :)

4. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

[​IMG]

some older EG.

5. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

Amazing.

6. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Shop Coat

[​IMG]

Railroader

[​IMG]

Field Parka

[​IMG]

Baker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miner in plaid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19th BD in Dress Chambray

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Landsdown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jean Jacket (Denim version available at MAC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Round Collar in Polka Dot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Workshirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tab Collars in plaid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

that olive drab baker jacket. man!

8. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

A series of impressive styles.
    I agree the Baker, Olive Drab is stunning.

Timpoblete, do you know if the Bedford will be presented in Corduroy also this season?

9. mtre

mtre Senior member

Both of those Bakers are amazing... Has anyone tried either of those on yet for sizing?

10. Edd

Edd Senior member

red & olive plaid tab collar shirt looks like a definate purchase, interested in price & stockists. Landsdown look very short in length for my liking, or maybe it just looks short as every style picture features a japanese guy wearing an EG nightshirt.

11. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

On the topic of older EG, Is this chambray workshirt from like the 07/08 season? If so, I used to have it and unfortunately sold it away back then. if anyone has an S and is keen to let go I'll gladly take them. Sorry if they are from this season as they really look like the old ones. thanks in advance.

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Can't say with much certainty if the vintage chambray fabric on that workshirt is the same as the one several years ago.

Apologies if I repeat pics. There are so many nowadays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. S-NMBR

S-NMBR Senior member

14. oven1969

oven1969 Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, I am a EG fan, but this FW12 stuff is so similar from past seasons, how many work shirts do I need?

I'll love to suggest to Daiki, please continue to re-issue work\ miner shirts for newbies but do come up with some newer shirts\ jackets design for us old-timers.

just my 2 cents.

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Timpo, any chance you have a fw12 stockist list yet?
    Still trying to find an XL railroader in natural.