• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
I think the color in that pic is about right. I'll take some fit pics for you in the morning. Setting a reminder for myself right now.
As promised...
2010.10.16_1.jpg
2010.10.16_2.jpg
2010.10.16_3.jpg

The first two pics are a bit dark"”sorry 'bout that. This last picture shows the color a bit better than the first two, although the pants are darker than this IRL. Guess it's time to break out the lint brush.
smile.gif
- Keith​

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, HB blend seems like a royal blue/black, thanks kg.

Can somebody comment on the fit of this season's irving vs andover?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which EG jackets are cut the shortest....Hartford, Bedford, Irving, etc....?
I am looking to pick up a jacket but I am only 5'6

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

hansj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
How much were the Cinch Pants (if you don't mind my asking)? I was thinking about those, but didn't want to order from Europe.

As to your question, I would have to say Danner Mountain Light II's. I have a pair and love them. Limmer are really nice, but you'll have to wait a bit for them as they're not a ready-made boot.

Got them at the Nepenthes store in NY 5 weeks ago. Was the last pair in my size. Can't remember the price, but was around 200. Fit and fabric are great!
Thanks. The Danners look great on the pictures. Are they really heavy? I saw that JCrew is selling a version this season.

JOA

Reaction score
Yeah, the Danners are fairly heavy, but very comfortable. I've had mine for two years, though mine are the dark brown (as opposed to the tan pair J. Crew is selling).

JO3B

Reaction score
mtn boots are OT but i love the paraboot variety. outfit them with contrast lacing and they seem to be the best of the bunch.

danners are far too bulky IMO.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
mtn boots are OT but i love the paraboot variety. outfit them with contrast lacing and they seem to be the best of the bunch.

The Paraboot Avoriaz model? What makes them different profile wise, from say the Danner Mountain Lights? (just curious, I have no experience with either)

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know a place to get the Workaday HB Fatigue pants in olive, size 33 or 34? Don't even know the price but really digging them from the pics I have seen of them.

hansj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B

The Paraboot look great, but where can you get them in the US? And how much?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads