• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

JOA

Reaction score
Some items from farfetch.com are here (usually who American Rag sells through). These items, however, are located in London. Who's the stockist in London? Some nice pieces, however. That striped Tab Collar is money.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I proposed that they do moleskin a few years ago, but apparently, it was too English, and not American enough. Arghhhhh!!!

obvi they were waiting for a different leung.

Originally Posted by dusty
That jacket's cool but it would be much better without all the perfectly symmetric pockets. It looks like a thorax.

i kind of like the patch pockets, they came in handy while i was running around during fashion week, i liked the option of switching which side to put a pocket square in. while the irving jacket also is well-designed i feel like the symmetry of the pockets gives a little edge to an otherwise prep staple, so when worn in the context of something dressy it looks cool.

hansj

Reaction score
canstyleace;3606898 said:
Was it available in brown at the nyc store? How thick/warm is it?

Yes brown too. It also comes in a olive green color in a material that is similar to a fine covert fabric. I'm thinking of getting the navy one so. I just love navy.

JO3B

Reaction score
just to help out, if any of you in smaller sizes are hoping to buy the grey herringbone ashfield, you might be out of luck.

the small fits huge, what looked like a large on me (maybe a medium)

nepenthes didn't have an xs but honestly judging by the small i don't know that it would have fit me anyway.

really only small and x- small wearers would suffer. a medium and up can just size down one.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to try on the cord version? It will really suck if the xs navy cord does not fit me, the fit pic that timbo posted of that asian dude from rakutan looks pretty slim, and he's usually a small, no?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flyer Overall in Whipcord (http://www.arknets.co.jp/modules/ark...bid=203&cid=63)

c335ff71.jpg

9d324d29.jpg

ec3eb605.jpg

Sheep Leather Moto Jacket (http://www.strlng.jp/detail.cgi?s02i...ry=&qr_brand=1)

f7b209da.png

1f63e64b.png

1750c74e.png

Explorer Jacket in Sheep Suede (http://diceshop.exblog.jp/11312370/)

ae4b3541.jpg

9f3e4448.jpg

a340da57.jpg

Sport Jacket in Goat Leather (http://diceshop.exblog.jp/11312370/)

65fd956e.jpg

79f20ab6.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cost of those jackets in Japan is insane.

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Did you happen to try on the cord version? It will really suck if the xs navy cord does not fit me, the fit pic that timbo posted of that asian dude from rakutan looks pretty slim, and he's usually a small, no?

the problem, if you will, was only with the grey herringbone. this is quoted directly from angelo. when i about to try it on he told me it wouldn't fit off the bat, and they didn't have an XS so i could tell.

i did try the brown cord one on and as much as i wanted previous to trying it on, i was kinda turned off by its boxiness. i was hoping it would be a little more svelte but it made me feel a little too boxy to be really into it.

i'm somewhat short so that might have something to do with it. if you're a bit taller than I it might not pose too much of a problem

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
the problem, if you will, was only with the grey herringbone. this is quoted directly from angelo. when i about to try it on he told me it wouldn't fit off the bat, and they didn't have an XS so i could tell. i did try the brown cord one on and as much as i wanted previous to trying it on, i was kinda turned off by its boxiness. i was hoping it would be a little more svelte but it made me feel a little too boxy to be really into it. i'm somewhat short so that might have something to do with it. if you're a bit taller than I it might not pose too much of a problem
Thanks JO3B, So you werent happy with the fit of the cord in Small? or did you also try the xs and not like the fit either? Or, as I'm guessing, you tried on the cord in Small, didnt like fit and they also didnt have XS in the cord, right? I just want to make sure because if even the cord xs is too boxy then Im not even going to bother scouring the earth for it since afaik nobody in NA is carrying it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads