• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eg derrick jacket. exclusive to nepenthes ny, nepenthes tokyo, and lane crawford in hong kong. it's named after derrick leung, senior mens buyer at lane crawford. it's a patch pocket navy moleskin jacket, also available in brown moleskin. it's lined in a black paisley pattern, there's a half self-belt in the back and it's double vented with a cool throat latch, the lapels can be popped up in eg fashion and at $345 it's very decently priced. here's some ok iphone pics. mister mort stopped me coming out of the antonio azzuolo presentation in this but i'm not sure if i made the cut, otherwise i'll have to wait til i get my point and shoot back for fit pics.
4997093349_3e712b541d_z.jpg
4997093687_1275e634cf_z.jpg
4997093499_fb67b35bda_z.jpg

garmis

Reaction score
^^I tried that piece on..wonderful, definitely takes on more of a sportcoat vibe. Consistent slim EG fit as well.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For peeps that have been, thoughts on the nepenthes ny store?
Good inventory?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's pretty dope, the needles stuff is a good whimsical complement to eg's utilitarian/americana aesthetic. they also sell great stuff from south2west8 and other nepenthes brands not previously available in the states.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket's cool but it would be much better without all the perfectly symmetric pockets. It looks like a thorax.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it available in brown at the nyc store? How thick/warm is it?

I've wanted a dark brown sc since last season when I missed out on the cord norfolk but this looks good too imo, the brown one looks great in the lookbook pics.

JOA

Reaction score
^There's currently a F/W '09 Brown Cord Norfolk for sale on eBay.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks JOA, I almost shaat myself but sadly I'm an xs and that size rarely comes up on the bay, I couldnt even find an xs in all Barnyes in the states once I started looking for it last FW season.

Definitely trying to get a jump this season before the xs stock is gone, in fact even if the nyc store has the brown moleskin I know its only going to be available in S, if I'm lucky, and I'm thinking if its worth getting the small tailored.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Was it available in brown at the nyc store? How thick/warm is it?

yes, and it's a pretty good fall jacket. it's durable moleskin so it was pretty windproof and held up in the mid 50's with just a shirt underneath.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it converts into a cadet-style jacket silhouette with a throat latch, but the collar can be rolled back like in the pics above. so iirc there's about 4 buttons on the placket and a few more under the collar. they probably have a full size run.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We always stock XS

Originally Posted by canstyleace
^Thanks JOA, I almost shaat myself but sadly I'm an xs and that size rarely comes up on the bay, I couldnt even find an xs in all Barnyes in the states once I started looking for it last FW season.

Definitely trying to get a jump this season before the xs stock is gone, in fact even if the nyc store has the brown moleskin I know its only going to be available in S, if I'm lucky, and I'm thinking if its worth getting the small tailored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads