• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 18

Beedub

Reaction score
Some SS19 items at Reggie Shop http://reggieshop.com/?mode=cate&cbid=1308655&csid=0&sort=n

Anyone likes the update to the Bedford Jacket?

PS: SS19 thread?

The patchwork panelling on the Bedford looks good to me. I’ve gone off the Bedford lately as the pointy lapels and how they sit bother me (although that’s more of an issue with the AW make-ups) but I’ll be looking to get one of the patchwork ones from the forthcoming season. I may even look into getting the lapels slimmed down a bit.

Last edited:

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I find it ironic this patchwork style of bedford is called solid.

It's called solid as the other styles are way more patchwork, check the pics below as examples.

19SD005 Bedford Jacket CT015 Indigo Washed 8oz Denim.JPG

19SD005 Bedford Jacket CT010 Olive Cotton Ripstop.JPG

19SD005 Bedford Jacket CT013 Navy 6.5oz Flat Twill.JPG

tauburn

Reaction score
Steven Alan indicates to go down a size. What is the view of people here? I am always reluctant to size down on EG, but I have not tried any of the Barbour x EG collab jackets. I searched this thread and it seems some people sized down and others did not. Any updated views?

Also, there is a big retail price discrepancy between US vs Euro stockists for this jacket. US stockists like Steven Alan show $1,199 retail whereas Euro stockists are in the US$700 to $800 range. The jackets are made in England so import duties and shipping account for some of the cost but a 50+% differential seems too high.

The stores don't make up the prices for this collab. barbour decided a different msrp for each region.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The stores don't make up the prices for this collab. barbour decided a different msrp for each region.
Ok, thanks. It seemed to be a regional thing since the USA stockists had the same retail price, which was a lot higher than the price at the Euro stockists, even after duties, shipping, etc.

maregmareg

Reaction score
I'm really wondering why the EG x Barbour collab is still stocked in so many places and sizes with discounts like -40% or -50%. I feel it's pretty underrated. This is really surprising to me as it's great imo, looks like actual collab with both Barbour's and EG's characteristics of each piece, rather than lazy thing like Baracuta collaboration.

I've bought the navy Graham from Barbour x EG collab so far and I like everything about it so much.

maregmareg

Reaction score
besbesbes It's FW19 I believe, SS19 items seem to be unwaxed and few of them are shown in SS19 EG lookbook

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm really wondering why the EG x Barbour collab is still stocked in so many places and sizes with discounts like -40% or -50%. I feel it's pretty underrated. This is really surprising to me as it's great imo, looks like actual collab with both Barbour's and EG's characteristics of each piece, rather than lazy thing like Baracuta collaboration.

I've bought the navy Graham from Barbour x EG collab so far and I like everything about it so much.
where does one find one of those black parkas for the aformentioned 50% off......

zunker

Reaction score

Only tried the zip parka but found it just hung there like a sack. Don’t think the material worked for the style/size of coat - I ended up buying the heavier double cloth version that seems to have more structure, and very happy with it.

Plus here in the UK Barbour has connotations of posh country folk that I don’t particularly want to associate due to various personal issues that I have never dealt with - and even makes me think of Nigel Farage and Brexit these days. Now I need a shower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads