1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Engineered Garments FW 18

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by besbesbes, Aug 22, 2018.

1. clear

clear Member

it seems
    seems like it's the case, no luck after speaking with nepenthes

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

3. jlchau

jlchau Senior Member

4. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Steven Alan indicates to go down a size. What is the view of people here? I am always reluctant to size down on EG, but I have not tried any of the Barbour x EG collab jackets. I searched this thread and it seems some people sized down and others did not. Any updated views?

Also, there is a big retail price discrepancy between US vs Euro stockists for this jacket. US stockists like Steven Alan show $1,199 retail whereas Euro stockists are in the US$700 to $800 range. The jackets are made in England so import duties and shipping account for some of the cost but a 50+% differential seems too high.

5. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

i've always been in the camp of "i wear size L in EG every season and however the L fits that seasons is how it's intended to fit" BUT, with jackets, especially in the last season or two, I've been able to comfortably size down one full size. I can't speak to this particular garment, but it's not TOO far off to size down for a jacket.

6. timpoblete

timpoblete Distinguished Member

7. timpoblete

TTS gives a baggy fit. Sizing down was still good for a trim fit. These are definitely oversized a bit.

8. bry2000

Only time I could have sized down EG outerwear was with certain Highland parkas. Some fabrics made up so huge; others less so.

So @timpoblete did you go TTS (your regular EG outerwear size) for the Barbour zip parka?

9. evolsirhc

evolsirhc Senior Member

10. bry2000

I agree with that. Was just asking about the collab Barbour zip parka bc the retailer recommended sizing down and from the measurements, the jacket runs very big.

11. timpoblete

Went TTS due to the Mrs.’s input. I fit pretty easily into one size down, where if I size down on mainline there’s no way I fit.

Think it depends on how you wear EG. If you’re more for the trimmer fits, this certainly isn’t the trimmest it gets. I tend to go baggy all the time, so it was a natural choice for me.

12. Sieglinde

Sieglinde Senior Member

13. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

14. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

15. besbesbes

besbesbes Well-Known Member

I find it ironic this patchwork style of bedford is called solid.
    All of the seams will really show after a few wears, will look too busy to my taste.
    Glad I grabbed a black doublecloth from FW season.