• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

jlchau

Reaction score
Anyone know how to size the Cons? I suppose I could just go to the retail store on Thursday.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I like TS(S) and Monitaly's FW17 better than EG's, and I've never owned anything from either of them.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
I think I like TS(S) and Monitaly's FW17 better than EG's, and I've never owned anything from either of them.

I'm finding myself wanting to buy quite a bit from EG FW 17. I've already bought the grey homespun Andover pants and I'd like to get my hands on some of the footwear collabs and outerwear.

jlchau

Reaction score
I picked up the EGxCons pairs in Olive & Black . They run TTS. Pretty good quality, no glue marks or weird creasing that the Vans collabs have. The tongue is a little thin but no complaints for $110 retail.

El QUaG

Reaction score
I picked up the EGxCons pairs in Olive & Black . They run TTS. Pretty good quality, no glue marks or weird creasing that the Vans collabs have. The tongue is a little thin but no complaints for $110 retail.

I remain uncertain about sizing with these. Tried on Converse One Stars (suede general release) and sized down to 8. I'm normally a 9 in All Star Classic and 8.5 in All Star '70.

What size do you normally wear in Converse All Star Classic and 70 models? Otherwise what about New Balance and Vans?

The Vans collab look great but ****** quality. I have SS16, FW16 and SS17 versions and the quality control on all of them were quite poor. Glue marks everywhere, inconsistencies in material quality.

I have a pair of Sk8 Hi in black where the black inner lining stained all my socks around the heel! Kind of hurts when I'm wearing AnonymousISM and CHUP socks. The lining around the heel also blew out after less than a year of wear!

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score
I remain uncertain about sizing with these. Tried on Converse One Stars (suede general release) and sized down to 8. I'm normally a 9 in All Star Classic and 8.5 in All Star '70.

What size do you normally wear in Converse All Star Classic and 70 models? Otherwise what about New Balance and Vans?

The Vans collab look great but ****** quality. I have SS16, FW16 and SS17 versions and the quality control on all of them were quite poor. Glue marks everywhere, inconsistencies in material quality.

I have a pair of Sk8 Hi in black where the black inner lining stained all my socks around the heel! Kind of hurts when I'm wearing AnonymousISM and CHUP socks. The lining around the heel also blew out after less than a year of wear!

I don't have any NB, but for the EG x Vans collabs from 2016 I wear a size 8. I have some cons jack Pursel's in an 8 and they are a bit too small and never wear them.

Beedub

Reaction score
I'm a UK9 in NBs and Vans (only exception being the EG x Vans slip-ons, which I have in a UK8.5) and have a couple of pairs of One Stars in a UK9 which fit me fine. I'm a UK/US9.5 in chucks as they're narrow. Just got the EG One Stars in a UK9, which fit me fine, maybe a tiny bit long but not enough to warrant a size down, which I couldn't do anyway as they'd end up being too narrow, there's no slippage, fit feels good.

Beedub

Reaction score
They're also clean as ****- I love them.

innerpiece

Reaction score
My recommendation: size down at least .5 from CT70s

Just got my Cons One Star lows today, typically wear 8.5 in CT70s, ordered the same size for these. Exchanging for a size 8

CrowShit

Reaction score
Interested to know your thoughts on the apparel side of the collection excluding footwear.

My two cents:

Generally, I think that FW is really where EG hits its stride and is at the most interesting by providing layers, more fabric options and a darker pallet of colors. So the rest of my thoughts will be colored with that lens. With that warning, I'm a very big fan of this season's collection. I feel that EG is becoming a bit more adventurous (SS18 is going to be wild) and I appreciate Daiki taking risks because there are plenty of great options for more traditional workwear and EG gives a very interesting alternative to the traditional and incorporates bits of other styles. I like that EG is pulling in this direction and offering options that pair well with very loud fits and can also work well with more traditional styling. I feel that with this season we have really seen the offering of options and cuts that will work for most people, skinny (willy post) to relaxed (new fatigue cut) and this gives lots of options to play with. Overall, big fan.

zunker

Reaction score
Interested to know your thoughts on the apparel side of the collection excluding footwear.

Good topic. I must admit, of the new (or revived) models, not much has done it for me. The ground pants are great but they were brought in last summer I believe and I love the heavy use of double cloth and cord, which seems to be quite prevalent and has flown out of the shops as far as I can tell. The Andover pants maybe - good to see a move to a slightly looser fit but unless they do the same for the jackets the suit is off limits for me (if they did I would be all over it). Overall I would say a lot of the staples are done really well this season but not feeling the newer stuff.

That said, someone was unhappy the cuffs on the field parka were buttoning on the inside - does sound annoying but haven't seen for myself.

blue peter

Reaction score
Anyone come across the balloon pants at a stockist other than NNY?? Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics