• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 16

besbesbes

Reaction score
While looking at FW16 lookbook been somewhat impressed by the combo on these pants.

There are also other thought provoking combos in this shooting.
This looks like a fresh turn for EG.
None of the retailers seem to carry them though.

Anyone knows what are these and why so unpopular?

blue peter

Reaction score
While looking at FW16 lookbook been somewhat impressed by the combo on these pants.

There are also other thought provoking combos in this shooting.
This looks like a fresh turn for EG.
None of the retailers seem to carry them though.

Anyone knows what are these and why so unpopular?

haha, uhmmmm, hmmmmm...
mwink[1].gif

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Just added some Winter-wear to the New Arrivals section of the webshop.

Chester Coat

Knit Blazer

And the aforementioned Primaloft Vest

Gear up! I still have some button shawls in the mix that haven't made it to the web - good way to inject some velveteen into the wardrobe (in case you ever felt compelled to do that). Feel free to touch base about sizing and so on.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Anyone bought or tried on this seasons Pathfinder jacket ?
Like to hear review on it, also looks just that bit too short for me at 6'2" , again any comments ?
Is my stand out looking piece for this season especially in Blackwatch ..

zunker

Reaction score
Yes I tried on a medium (my usual size) in olive ripstop and it was great. Not particularly cropped or anything - comparable to my deck jacket. But I'm 6 foot so you probably need bigger for some more length. One caveat - I can't decide if I live or hate the zip on the back. Is it that special something that sets the jack apart, or just a bit silly?

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Double cloth is a more interesting fabric and feels awesome. I imagine it'll wear in and look even better.

Honestly have never seen or felt that fabric until EG did it.
so what's so awesome about the fabric?
how do you think it will age?

it's hard for me to tell from just these internet pics :-(

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

so what's so awesome about the fabric?
how do you think it will age?

it's hard for me to tell from just these internet pics :-(

Double cloth is hard for me to describe. it feels like a really heavy cotton twill, but with a smoother finish. plush is the wrong word but theres a certain fullness to the fabric and the hand that i can't really seem to vocalize any other way. its a heavy fabric, and its rigid, but it doesn't ~feel~ just like duck or canvas. My guess is it will soften nicely over time, (think heavyweight denim vs med weight) and perhaps you'll see some distressing like you would an olive fatigue, but i wouldn't expect any ultra stark contrast early on unless you left the thing in the sun for a few weeks.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone bought or tried on this seasons Pathfinder jacket ?
Like to hear review on it, also looks just that bit too short for me at 6'2" , again any comments ?
Is my stand out looking piece for this season especially in Blackwatch ..

I bought a navy in Large - I'm just about 6 feet tall. I have no complaints. Let me know if you need measurements.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Measurements would be great please, cheers !

zunker

Reaction score
Off topic but I am wondering what shoes go with tropical wool trousers in a business casual context. I'm wearing tropical wool cynch pants and matching Andover, with some medium brogues (full wing but quite slim grensons). Worried that Alden long wings would be too heavy, thinking about some plain toes....

blue peter

Reaction score
Off topic but I am wondering what shoes go with tropical wool trousers in a business casual context. I'm wearing tropical wool cynch pants and matching Andover, with some medium brogues (full wing but quite slim grensons). Worried that Alden long wings would be too heavy, thinking about some plain toes....

wearing my tw suit with alden longwings and think the chunky profile contrasts well with the dramatic taper and the cropped fit of the cinch pants

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Measurements would be great please, cheers !

Pathfinder jacket navy NyCo ripstop Size Large

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam = 18 and 1/2 inches
Chest from pit to pit = 22 inches
outer sleeve from shoulder seam down = 26 inches
back length = 27 inches

I'm wearing it today - very cozy

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Thanks ..
Think Xl be just right ..
Not seen the blackwatch version other than Japan ..

happyvillian

Reaction score

Field Parka arrived yesterday.
Wondering if I should get a Small or Medium? I had a waxed navy one in medium a few seasons ago, and it was a bit too roomy. Can anyone confirm if this seasons sizing is different?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads